Queen's Gambit

It doesn't need a second series, like. There's nothing more for it to cover really. Netflix dragging stuff out is what makes good shows turn bad - that's why limited series are better for me.
Fair enough. Yeah,I mean, there were a few things about her life that would have been interesting to see,but it was pretty much all tied in there.

I watched this a couple of weeks ago and actually enjoyed it. I have a basic understanding of chess but their games and moves went way over my head. The final episode had me on the edge of my seat. Even my wife enjoyed and she’s very fussy at what she watches.

If anything it shows that a good story which is well told can be popular without a big name star, lots of special effects and everything dragged out over multiple seasons.
I agree - a lot of the series and films I've enjoyed recently have been UK made or foreign language (with subtitles). Much more focus on the acting.

In one of my favorite films almost nothing happens (das leben der anderen)

It doesn't need a second series, like. There's nothing more for it to cover really. Netflix dragging stuff out is what makes good shows turn bad - that's why limited series are better for me.
Is a bit of a Netflix that. They leave something unfinished in case it gets a second season... Then you Google it and find out it didn't

Is a bit of a Netflix that. They leave something unfinished in case it gets a second season... Then you Google it and find out it didn't

The other thing they do is take a complete story, usually from the adaptation of a novel, do a successful first season then rush out a second. One of the best examples was 13 Reasons Why which had a tremendous first season but the second was needless and a waste of time.

Enjoyed it.

Did see a comment on Twitter about the depiction of her depression being spouching around in french lingerie while smoking an drinking to excess. Sexist apparently.

Yeah I saw a lot of that “male gaze” stuff, particularly in reference to a shot where she’s having a can, smoking a tab in her flat which is a complete mess. Because her hair was relatively tidy and her legs appeared to have been shaved, it was a unrealistic portrayal of depression.

Just goes to show some people will twist on 21.

Loved it and know the basic moves, oh and I’ve also met Bobby Fisher RIP the American grandmaster in The Phillipines at golf course whack Whack just saying like, think it was 1998

I think this has been mentioned on a Netflix thread. Yes, I enjoyed it, though thought it was slightly dragged out a bit, a usual complaint of mine.

Anya Taylor-Joy is a very good actress (also in the recent film of Emma) with distinctive looks, her eyes are stunning. Too far apart? Terrible comment, that.
Like Jodie Comer she’s also stunning and a great actor

I think this has been mentioned on a Netflix thread. Yes, I enjoyed it, though thought it was slightly dragged out a bit, a usual complaint of mine.

Anya Taylor-Joy is a very good actress (also in the recent film of Emma) with distinctive looks, her eyes are stunning. Too far apart? Terrible comment, that.

Thomas Brodie Sangster's eyes are also too far apart.

Harry Melling's are too close together.

Back