Put a flat earthier into space

You said known flight routes you accepted the distances?
I did say I accepted the distances because I had to go off something. I didn't say I believed the distances.
Or else how do they know how much fuel to use?
That depends on what actual route they do take.
Let's put it in a simple way.
If I said to you to take a curved path or go directly to the stadium of light, which option would you choose and why?
You said known flight routes you accepted the distances?
Or else how do they know how much fuel to use?

Post 15068
I know what I said. I accepted the distances to go from.

Last edited:
I did say I accepted the distances because I had to go off something. I didn't say I believed the distances.

If I said to you to take a curved path or go directly to the stadium of light, which option would you choose and why?
You know what I found some of your earlier stuff interesting but you're embarrassing yourself now fella.
So now you don't believe any distances that people use daily, argentina to australia was direct straight across the sea, they take the shortest route.

I know what I said. I accepted the distances to go from.
Also uk to australia you fly across Germany, Turkey, India, they actually say have a look down below you're passing x y z, on your map we have to go around the so called North Pole, how does that work then?

Last edited:
You know what I found some of your earlier stuff interesting but you're embarrassing yourself now fella.
Of course I am, to you. You're sitting tehre with everything at your fingertips so why would you think anything else?
So now you don't believe any distances that people use daily, argentina to australia was direct straight across the sea, they take the shortest route.
Let's make this clear.
You asked me if I could replicate those distances, kn owing fine well that your southern hemisphere would create the ultimate issues with a circular map. I knew it and so did many who look into the global map and distances offered.

What I gave you is a rough estimation off by a a little bit which I will attribute to a more potential realism when the great circle is taken out of the factor.

Of course on the flat Earth, the UK is right near the center. No cultural expectations built into that, none.

And South Africa to the UK appears to be about 1/3, maybe 40% as far as South Africa to Australia. And South Africa to the UK is maybe half as far as South Africa to Argentina.

In reality - depending on where in Australia and Argentina you mean - they're all almost exactly the same distance. This isn't a disputable matter, as in their heyday SAA flew the same aircraft type (747s) to all of these places in the same amounts of time (roughly 10.5-11 hours) every day.

I have to admit, this is one of the more fun windups out there.

Also uk to australia you fly across Germany, Turkey, India, they actually say have a look down below you're passing x y z, on your map we have to go around the so called North Pole, how does that work then?
It doesn't because we don't have to go around any pole. We would simply zigzag our way around the circle.

Of course I am, to you. You're sitting tehre with everything at your fingertips so why would you think anything else?

Let's make this clear.
You asked me if I could replicate those distances, kn owing fine well that your southern hemisphere would create the ultimate issues with a circular map. I knew it and so did many who look into the global map and distances offered.

What I gave you is a rough estimation off by a a little bit which I will attribute to a more potential realism when the great circle is taken out of the factor.
We're not on about the globe, these are distances used every f*cking day.
You said they could definitely work on a flat map, so you either show that or you're wrong.
Why has nobody at all ever produced one?
Where would new york be on this map?
Next to Yorkshire by the looks of it
It doesn't because we don't have to go around any pole. We would simply zigzag our way around the circle.
But to cross those countries we would have to go in the opposite direction to our destination on your map, bit of a waste of fuel.
Wonder if I can buy a plane and undercut all of these idiots flying over Europe to get to australia.
I'll just nip over the top

Last edited:
You said they could definitely work on a flat map, so you either show that or you're wrong.

Next to Yorkshire by the looks of it

11 hour flight to South Africa from UK.
8 hours London to New York.

I mean granted its not detailed and to scale, but the distance from uk to new york on that map should be around 70% that of the distance between uk and south africa even without it being totally accurate

They are distances based on a so-called globe. Based on a so-called great circle.
They can work on a circular map. I've just shown you the basics.
They may not suit you but they suit me in argument against it.
Many have. Whether they fit reality is another thing. One thing for sure. the global one does not fit reality.

They are distances based on a so-called globe. Based on a so-called great circle.

They can work on a circular map. I've just shown you the basics.
They may not suit you but they suit me in argument against it.

Many have. Whether they fit reality is another thing. One thing for sure. the global one does not fit reality.
They're not they are distances that planes literally have to fly and fuel for, forget about the globe.
Your map doesn't work to scale and I bet you can't find one anywhere that does, end of.
Also quickly mark on your map the quickest and shortest way to australia from the UK if you were flying?

They're not they are distances that planes literally have to fly and fuel for, forget about the globe.
I'd love to but you're offering distances based on a globe. You offer a great circle route.
Or are you now not offering that?
Your map doesn't work to scale and I bet you can't find one anywhere that does, end of.
It likely would if you take away the great circle route.
Also quickly mark on your map the quickest and shortest way to australia from the UK if you were flying?
I've never taken a flight from the UK to Australia so I wouldn't know.

I'd love to but you're offering distances based on a globe. You offer a great circle route.
Or are you now not offering that?

It likely would if you take away the great circle route.

I've never taken a flight from the UK to Australia so I wouldn't know.
Nope I'm offering distances used daily, which have to be accurate for fuelling and times, regardless of whether the world is flat, square or elephant shaped.
Regardless of that you said KNOWN DISTANCES can work on a flat map as well as a globe.
Up to now you still haven't shown how.

Nope I'm offering distances used daily, which have to be accurate for fuelling and times, regardless of whether the world is flat, square or elephant shaped.
Regardless of that you said KNOWN DISTANCES can work on a flat map as well as a globe.
Up to now you still haven't shown how.
You asked me to put something forward. Quick and rough. I did that and I knew it wouldn't pacify you and that's fine.
But you still haven't offered to take off the great circle route.

And what do you think the quickest way to Australia is from the UK?

11 hour flight to South Africa from UK.
8 hours London to New York.

I mean granted its not detailed and to scale, but the distance from uk to new york on that map should be around 70% that of the distance between uk and south africa even without it being totally accurate
And don't forget that it has to work in another dimension, one not centered on the UK: South Africa to New York also has to be more than twice as long as New York to London, but New York to Argentina has to be approximately half as far as New York to Australia, but New York also has to be further from Argentina than it is from London. This all has to happen with Australia essentially equidistant from the UK and New York.

Again, these are all routes that have been flown by commercial aircraft. There's not a lot of guesswork involved.

You asked me to put something forward. Quick and rough. I did that and I knew it wouldn't pacify you and that's fine.
But you still haven't offered to take off the great circle router.

And what do you think the quickest way to Australia is from the UK?
Well take your time if you think you can make known distances work.
Well airline's fly across Europe as I described earlier, are you suggesting they go the long way round for shits and giggles?

Back