Put a flat earthier into space

Give me 20 mins or so and I'll knock one up on a bit of A4.
As long as its to scale that's all we ask
You can decide that when I do it but whatever you decide is down to you and will not me my issue.
I'm just going to knock up the countries as small circles and name them.
You can decide from there what to argue about.

Last edited:
Give me 20 mins or so and I'll knock one up on a bit of A4.

You can decide that when I do it but whatever you decide is down to you and will not me my issue.
I'm just going to knock up the countries as small circles and name them.
You can decide from there what to argue about.
It's just too see how you make the relative known distances work really

Right using your argentina to south Africa as a base to determine scale I've marked on a few other known distances I gave you (didn't do them all as it would get messy)
As you can see they don't match. e.g on your map australia is only 5500 miles away from Argentina not 7300 miles?
Japan to argentina is only 7000 on your map, it should go off the page at 11200 miles away?
Also if you filled in North America and Canada above argentina would it be right next to the UK?

Right using your argentina to south Africa as a base to determine scale I've marked on a few other known distances I gave you (didn't do them all as it would get messy)
As you can see they don't match. e.g on your map australia is only 5500 miles away from Argentina not 7300 miles?
Japan to argentina is only 7000 on your map, it should go off the page at 11200 miles away?
Also if you filled in North America and Canada above argentina would it be right next to the UK?
Of course if you're looking at it from your global point of view.

Of course if you're looking at it from your global point of view.
And Japan to Argentina is closer to 10,000 not 7000 if you scale it to 1mm per 100 miles.
I'm not.
I'm looking at it as putting known distances so they work on a flat map like you said they could.
Nothing to do with a globe at all.
These are distances you accepted as they are used and flown regularly.
Feel free to tweak though if you'd like.
I could tweak a little but considering I done it in 20 mins I'll stay with it.

And Japan to Argentina is closer to 10,000 not 7000 if you scale it to 1mm per 100 miles.

I could tweak a little but considering I done it in 20 mins I'll stay with it.
It's only 7000 on yours.
So you agree you (or anyone) can't produce a flat map that works for known distances.
Bearing in mind we have only put 5 main cities on so far out of loads.

It's only 7000 on yours.
So you agree you (or anyone) can't produce a flat map that works for known distances.
Bearing in mind we have only put 5 main cities on so far out of loads.
You asked me to do the basics. I did it.
I'm not going to sit and draw a brand new map putting in cities and whatnot.
I accept nothing I pout down will pacify anyone so I'm not under any illusions about that.
And you also know it's impossible to copy a globe mapping into a flat to get distances offered exactly unless I changed the entire map.

You know if I tear up your Antarctica would leave the map showing Australia and Argentina massively apart when the globe is turned into a shredded circle.

What you have is my version and you' can take it or leave it.

You asked me to do the basics. I did it.
I'm not going to sit and draw a brand new map putting in cities and whatnot.
I accept nothing I pout down will pacify anyone so I'm not under any illusions about that.
And you also know it's impossible to copy a globe mapping into a flat to get distances offered exactly unless I changed the entire map.

You know if I tear up your Antarctica would leave the map showing Australia and Argentina massively apart when the globe is turned into a shredded circle.

What you have is my version and you' can take it or leave it.
That's fine but known distances don't work to scale on it.
You said they could.
Finally got there.

That's fine but known distances don't work to scale on it.
You said they could.
Finally got there.
Then you'll have to take whatever from it, whether it's zilch or whatever.
Apologies I meant to post this not the original.
I've marked a few on and where they should end

You have Argentina to Australia as 5,500. It's down as 7,300, so what's going on?
You also have Argentina down as 7000 when it shows 10,000 by scale.

You have Argentina to Australia as 5,500. It's down as 7,300, so what's going on?
You also have Argentina to Japan down as 7000 when it shows 10,000 by scale.

Last edited:

You also have Argentina down as 7000 when it shows 10,000 by scale.
The known distance is 7300 which is where the line extends past to, the distance to scale using argentina to south Africa as a base from your drawing works out at only 5500 miles, that's my point.

Back