Put a flat earthier into space

If you find @The Fish 's posts a few pages back he has put links to flat earth message boards from a while back where our very own @Nukehasslefan is spouting the same old stuff, and even the people on there think he's wrong.
Don't think its a wind up. He's fell for the words of the cult.
Yeah I saw that, I read the the thread most days as some people post some genuinely interesting information.

I do think it's a wind up though, not in the sense of trying to wind people up but in the sense he's trying to be different (on this board or others) & its just a form of attention seeking. Perhaps he's trying to hide his own inadequacies or is desperate to find a purpose in his life ...

The fact that he clings to science so much then comes up with a theory which has zero science doesn't add up for me.

The fact that he clings to science so much then comes up with a theory which has zero science doesn't add up for me.

The flat earth society have brainwashed him into thinking the anti-globe position has some kind of scientific basis.

It gives him a sense of feeling justified in his belief even though the pseudo-science they've fed him is absolute nonsense, and he's too scientifically-illiterate to realise he's been conned.

Yeah I saw that, I read the the thread most days as some people post some genuinely interesting information.

I do think it's a wind up though, not in the sense of trying to wind people up but in the sense he's trying to be different (on this board or others) & its just a form of attention seeking. Perhaps he's trying to hide his own inadequacies or is desperate to find a purpose in his life ...

I think he enjoys the wind up, and clearly craves attention, but I also think he does believe the rubbish he spouts. He has got himself to where he would stand and argue that cricket bats don't exist and even if you smacked him in the face repeatedly with one, he would say there is no proof.

It is difficult to argue with such belligerence, and that keeps the thread going. Though from my point of view I do find it interesting. I'm both interested in the mindset of conspiracy theorists and how they get so embedded in the cult like beliefs. But the thread also raises some good questions, can you prove that? There are quite a few things I have taken away pretty much as a maths puzzle and sat and worked out from first principals, just because it is fun and interesting to do that.

I think he enjoys the wind up, and clearly craves attention, but I also think he does believe the rubbish he spouts. He has got himself to where he would stand and argue that cricket bats don't exist and even if you smacked him in the face repeatedly with one, he would say there is no proof.

It is difficult to argue with such belligerence, and that keeps the thread going. Though from my point of view I do find it interesting. I'm both interested in the mindset of conspiracy theorists and how they get so embedded in the cult like beliefs. But the thread also raises some good questions, can you prove that? There are quite a few things I have taken away pretty much as a maths puzzle and sat and worked out from first principals, just because it is fun and interesting to do that.
I think he believes the absolute tosh he writes too.
As for the bat, it wouldn't be the bat that hurts him just the increased vibration from the pressure wave in the atmosphere

I got a mail a few minutes ago about a seminar I could attend (not really aimed at me) and from the description I immediately thought of this thread:
"Science is one of the most useful, most fascinating, most creative inventions of the human mind. But no-one will know that unless you (scientists, that is) talk about it. But how do you get people to listen? Science is the cornerstone of modern life but it is also complex, counter-intuitive and can be alienating. How should those who are trained in it help spread the joy?"

Useful information in how to communicate complex science ideas or an exercise in how to brainwash people with lies?

I suspect the first one.

You say you're not offering your cult-think as fact,but what you do state with absolute certainty is that there is no space, gravity, a spinning globe, right angles and a ton of other stuff. So you do offer facts, but then don't back it up.
Me not believing any of those is not offering facts, it's simply not accepting stuff that is offered as fact, without any proof of fact.
There's been loads of proof given here.
There has been none. There's been plenty of appeals to authority and plenty of name calling and what not...but no proof's.
You don't and won't accept any of it.
I'll 100% accept proof.
Maybe you're too far brainwashed for it now.
Maybe it isn't just me.
But when you know that you are going to reject anything why keep asking for it?
Such as?
You're not compelled to answer anything to me. I ask you questions and you either offer me an answer or you don't. If you do offer an answer then don't expect me to accept it if you can't back it up.
Interesting response. Earlier in the thread you accepted that even with ancient navigation techniques (and ignoring modern GPS) that people could know exactly how far north or south they were. It is how sailors could cross vast oceans and come in to the port exactly right and not hundreds of miles down the coast.

So now these techniques don’t work because it might mean people have been to the north and south pole.
I've already said they work but it's not on a spinning globe and also not through any north or south pole.
But then you say a compass works and you are happy with that. A compass is another way to know because, think about what would happen if you had a compass and crossed the poles. It becomes another way to confirm the destination.

Think about using a compass at the so called poles.
Most of the people who have been to the poles have navigated successfully all over the world, but now apparently that knowledge lets them down when they get near the poles because of reasons.
Navigation is fine. I just don't accept anyone has been to the centre nor to the outer dome foundation.
Same old story. Say many things but as soon as something hints at things like the south pole existing, panic, back away, waffle.
There's no panic. I'm quite calm and answering easily.
Nukehasslefan said:
Can anyone show me how they get the distance to the moon to know it's correct or is it simply a reliance on being told it's 238,000 miles away?

fyl2u said:

I started showing you two days ago and you ignored my post.

No you haven't.
Nukehasslefan said:
So once again, can you prove it and also can you tell me how you know the size of the moon and the distance to it?

fyl2u said:

Yes, I can prove it, and have proved it many times on this thread.

One of my favourite ways is with a bath full of water, a spirit level or a laser, a pen, and a highly accurate measuring device. It's an experiment anyone can do in the home as long as they have the highly accurate measuring device. It will clearly show that the curve of the earth is present in the level of the water across the length of the bath. Unfortunately, without that piece of measuring equipment, it's easy for the naked eye to be fooled into thinking the water is actually flat, because the curve across such a short distance is so small.

Nukehasslefan said: So you don't know your moon distance or size. That's all you had to say.
So are you now saying Greenland on your lemon squeezer isn't where Greenland is, and the same for Northern (central) Canada and Russia.
As now you're really confusing me if you're saying your map looks nothing like your map?
I don't know if the land masses are accurate. I don't have the means to test it out and nor do you.

Last edited:
Me not believing any of those is not offering facts, it's simply not accepting stuff that is offered as fact, without any proof of fact.

There has been none. There's been plenty of appeals to authority and plenty of name calling and what not...but no proof's.

I'll 100% accept proof.

Maybe it isn't just me.

Such as?
You're not compelled to answer anything to me. I ask you questions and you either offer me an answer or you don't. If you do offer an answer then don't expect me to accept it if you can't back it up.

I've already said they work but it's not on a spinning globe and also not through any north or south pole.

Navigation is fine. I just don't accept anyone has been to the centre nor to the outer dome foundation.

fyl2u said:

No you haven't.

fyl2u said:

One of my favourite ways is with a bath full of water, a spirit level or a laser, a pen, and a highly accurate measuring device. It's an experiment anyone can do in the home as long as they have the highly accurate measuring device. It will clearly show that the curve of the earth is present in the level of the water across the length of the bath. Unfortunately, without that piece of measuring equipment, it's easy for the naked eye to be fooled into thinking the water is actually flat, because the curve across such a short distance is so small.

Nukehasslefan said: So you don't know your moon distance or size. That's all you had to say.

I don't know if the land masses are accurate. I don't have the means to test it out and nor do you.
the smartest man alive has spoken

I'll 100% accept proof.

Maybe it isn't just me.

Such as?

fyl2u said:

No you haven't.

fyl2u said:

So you don't even accept that the tops of Greenland, Russia, Canada are nearer the centre roughly where they are shown.
North to us normal folk

No you haven't.

You're lying again. Yes I did, and you completely ignored it.

So you don't know your moon distance or size. That's all you had to say.

Pitiful and embarrassing attempt at distraction. You're not fooling anyone on this thread.

Here's the very post where I started laying out the rudimentary mathematical fundamentals that will eventually lead to the moon size and distance.

The post that you ignored completely and then lied about.

You're lying again. Yes I did, and you completely ignored it.

Pitiful and embarrassing attempt at distraction. You're not fooling anyone on this thread.

Here's the very post where I started laying out the rudimentary mathematical fundamentals that will eventually lead to the moon size and distance.

The post that you ignored completely and then lied about.
I'll take it by you trying to use that post you cannot prove any distance to your moon nor the size.
Fair enough.

I'll take it by you trying to use that post you cannot prove any distance to your moon nor the size.
Fair enough.
Out of interest… and this isn’t meant to sound goading, but do you think you (we) have a brain? Unless you’re a brain surgeon, or seen some horrific injuries, you’ll never have seen one, so the concept of having one cannot be proved either.

Out of interest… and this isn’t meant to sound goading, but do you think you (we) have a brain? Unless you’re a brain surgeon, or seen some horrific injuries, you’ll never have seen one, so the concept of having one cannot be proved either.
I have seen one but even if I didn't I could accept we have one and not need to question it.

I have seen one but even if I didn't I could accept we have one and not need to question it.
Ok. So what’s the difference between accepting this (or a liver, kidney or any internal body part you haven’t seen), but not what thousands of scientists and even now what ‘civilians’ on commercial space flights have seen regarding the Earth being a globe?

Ok. So what’s the difference between accepting this (or a liver, kidney or any internal body part you haven’t seen), but not what thousands of scientists and even now what ‘civilians’ on commercial space flights have seen regarding the Earth being a globe?
Because I don't believe anyone has seen a globe and especially not a spinning one.
We certainly do not observe any curvature.
We do not feel any movement of a spinning Earth.
We know that water finds its own level and will not find a level whilst curving. This alone just requires people to actually use their own logic without bias or peer pressure.
Also the space we're told about, being a supposed vacuum, would offer no propulsion for any craft.
The one law of action and equal and opposite reaction applies in a medium. The so called space vacuum offers nothing. It's a fiction in how we are told...in my honest opinion.

Last edited:

he has decided and that's enough. brains = yes, space = no....why? fuck nars

Because I don't believe anyone has seen a globe and especially not a spinning one.
We certainly do not observe any curvature.
We do not feel any movement of a spinning Earth.
We know that water finds its own level and will not find a level whilst curving. This alone just requires people to actually use their own logic without bias or peer pressure.
Also the space we're told about, being a supposed vacuum, would offer no propulsion for any craft.
The one law of action and equal and opposite reaction applies in a medium. The so called space vacuum offers nothing. It's a fiction in how we are told...in my honest opinion.
Fair enough.

But think about how many people must be involved in this big lie if Earth is flat. Not just the communicators at the top of the pile that tell us the Earth is a sphere, but all the researchers, data analysts, university students & general number-monkeys that have access to tools/data/scientific experiments.
it just takes one of them to provide some proof that the years they’ve spent researching the topic is built on lies. They’d be more famous than Einstein if they changed the course of human understanding!

Back