Put a flat earthier into space

The container is sitting on a flat plane, not a spherical one. Hence "flat earth". You ARE a flat earther. Your "cell world" is merely a wacky variation of the traditional "flat earth" snowdome model.
A cell is not a flat plain but feel free to think so.
I think you need to read that previous post again.

If you can't understand the absolute most simple basics of geometry, then there's absolutely no point me trying to explain anything more complicated to you because it would take fifty pages of back and forth and you'd still be arguing that sometimes a minus is a plus, Pythagoras' theory makes no sense, scale drawings only work for small objects not big ones, and that the angles involved in the equation depend on how thick you draw the lines.
Can you tell me the distance to the moon and its size by your own calculations and without a reliance on anyone?
Yes or no.

A cell is not a flat plain but feel free to think so.

Plane. Not plain.

"A cell" isn't a shape at all. Your continents and seas sit on a flat plane. Your "cell" is not a globe. It is a flat plane with curved edges and a dome on top. It is a flat earth. Own it.

Can you tell me the distance to the moon and its size by your own calculations and without a reliance on anyone?
Yes or no.

Yes.

So basically you have no clue how far your moon is or how big it is without appealing to authority....right?
There's only one person here who has a problem accepting information from those who know better.
It's a mindset lifted directly from a 19th century scam, whether or not you realise or accept this is unclear but funny either way.

Personally I couldn't give a toss if the acceptance of a statement as fact is an "appeal to authority" as you so like to put it, if that statement has the backing of countless people, photographs, science, geometry, physics, maps and common sense along with the use of my own eyes and judgement.

Without your "appeal to authority" I cant even prove (to you at least) that Australia exists, but it does. If everyone adopted your attitude, science would be stuck in the 1800's

Last edited:
There's only one person here who has a problem accepting information from those who know better.
It's a mindset lifted directly from a 19th century scam, whether or not you realise or accept this is unclear but funny either way.

Personally I couldn't give a toss if the acceptance of a statement as fact is an "appeal to authority" as you so like to put it, if that statement has the backing of countless people, photographs, maps and common sense along with the use of my own eyes and judgement.

Without your "appeal to authority" I cant even prove (to you at least) that Australia exists, but it does. If everyone adopted your attitude, science would be stuck in the 1800's
Bloody well hope Australia exists, cos if it doesn’t I’m pretty well f¥cked.

Who knows better?

Personally I couldn't give a toss if the acceptance of a statement as fact is an "appeal to authority" as you so like to put it, if that statement has the backing of countless people, photographs, maps and common sense along with the use of my own eyes and judgement.
Yep, peer pressure creating en masse acceptance and inability to dare to question it.
This is the majority mindset.
Without your "appeal to authority" I cant even prove (to you at least) that Australia exists, but it does.
The thing is you have the ability to go there and likely know people who live there in a place called Australia.
This is the difference between acceptance without proof, which is what I argued for many times in the thread.
If everyone adopted your attitude, science would be stuck in the 1800's
Not at all.
I have no issue with science. Science is reality and finding how science can offer real solutions to real problems is what scientists do.
The issue I have is with being told so called science by those who don't know the facts but are willing to offer them as factual based on acceptance by mass opinion which is exactly what we're arguing for and against..
Start with the circle on about page 200 and get back to me when the tangent and normal make sense and we can move onto step 2 of the explanation.
I'll just take it you can't do it.
Unless you think you can, then let's see how simple it is.

Last edited:
You should take it that YOU can't understand it.

I began to explain it on around p200.

Get your head around that first step and I'll move onto the next bit of the explanation.
If you can't explain it it's ok. I didn't expect you could to be fair.
Zero. You'll never see proof offered because by your own mindset, it doesn't exist until you find it for yourself, and you're not looking for anything that threatens your own preconceived ideas.
Fair enough. That's what I'm talking about. Porof cannot be offered in terms of what we're arguing.

I don't believe in a flat Earth, just flat water and small areas of flat land.

You do if your seas in the lower bowl aren't hundreds of miles deep..... Still no cross section of how that works
The thing is you have the ability to go there and likely know people who live there in a place called Australia.
This is the difference between acceptance without proof, which is what I argued for many times in the thread.
I know someone who has been to the North Pole which you claim doesn't exist, if you so wished you could go there too, from any number of points on your lemon squeezer map, in fact you could cross from one to another as many have done.

Last edited:
If you can't explain it it's ok. I didn't expect you could to be fair.

I can explain it. You won't get it. And as soon as you started to get it you'd deny it because it would prove you wrong.
Do you agree with this diagram, understand all the terms, understand the symbol for a right-angle, understand what a right-angle is, understand that a Tangent is a line that only just touches the edge of a circle without overlapping it while extending to both sides of the point of contact, understand the concept of a line in geometry and that it is a one-dimensional object that has no thickness, understand that the Tangent is always at a right-angle to the Normal, understand that the Normal always passes through the centre of the circle if you extend it sufficiently in that direction, and agree that all those statements are true?

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I can explain it. You won't get it. And as soon as you started to get it you'd deny it because it would prove you wrong.
Do you agree with this diagram, understand all the terms, understand the symbol for a right-angle, understand what a right-angle is, understand that a Tangent is a line that only just touches the edge of a circle without overlapping it while extending to both sides of the point of contact, understand the concept of a line in geometry and that it is a one-dimensional object that has no thickness, understand that the Tangent is always at a right-angle to the Normal, understand that the Normal always passes through the centre of the circle if you extend it sufficiently in that direction, and agree that all those statements are true?

Logon or register to see this image
Well that depends how you look at it....

Back