Put a flat earthier into space

No i know about radioactive decay and half and have experimented with radioactive sources and measured the half life of radioactive sources, i have also done some work on nuclear power plants. I havent analyses the age of the earth as i dont have millions of quids worth of kit.
So you are totally reliant on being told a big bang created Earth 4.5 billion years ago, from nothing and you're happy with that, right?

I don't think it is 6 billion years old - the current best estimate for age is around 4.5 billion years old (which could be hundreds of millions of years out) generally it is by radiometric dating based on the decay rate of certain radioactive elements - from memory the 4.5 billion years is based on meteorites and the like so dates the start of formation of the solar system and earth - the actual thing we call the earth would likely have formed over millions of years from a cloud of dust.

The modern assessment of the age of the Earth @ 4.567bn yrs was first postulated by Clair Patterson in the 50s who in the process of coming to his findings invented the clean room and is credited for leading the push for the removal of lead from petrol because of the vast amount of environmental lead he was finding when doing his study. A brilliant bloke who's career the US petrochemical lobby for decades did their best to destroy.

Like I explained on here. A cell among similar cells.
Our so called universe is inside the cell.

Ah right. Again, I could imagine that being the case, in my mind it isn't that 'out there'.

There isn't any evidence I'm aware of that suggests it however.

People like you have class imaginations though and I mean that in a good way though...can you think of an experiment that would/could prove or hint towards your believe being true? (Of the universe being like a cell?).

It's not a windup I've had discussions with him in the past he genuinely believes what he's typing.

I find some of his posts quite interesting tbf, like the last one eg, a few people living in paradise somewhere on Earth while the rest of us slave away, with the real truth hidden away from us.

That's definitely something I could imagine happening! But there is no reason or evidence to believe it.

I'd imagine he's class to have a stoned discussion with about reality, but then he'd probably never shut the fuck up and you'd just sit there thinking what planet is he on.

Bit like my mate who will sit and bang on about God and how he's real and how the Koran says this and that which proves it and how me and all my family are going to hell cos we're none believers and I'm just looking at him thinking why the fuck do I knock about with you.
If he is a genuine believer in a flat earth then I’ll happily take back everything I’ve said about him being a wum.

So the universe in a cell could include other planets and space etc yeah? (Globe ones)
But other universes/cells.
That doesn't sound as ludicrous as just our planet being in some sort of snow globe.

the cell is just the earth though. he doesn't believe in the moon, the sun and stars etc

We are massively schooled. There's no getting away from that. And I include myself heavily into that.
The issues are in who accepts it without question or who feels no need to go against the grain, to those who say "hmmmmm, hang on a minute."

We are force to follow a curriculum. We get marked on examinations of what we absorbed.
If we were told a Tumptysaurus roamed Earth 80 trillion years ago and ate apple pips, we might sit back and say "hmmmm" but if the exam sheep has a question of, what prehistoric dinosaur lived on apple pips we'd be answering with "Tumptysaurus".

Asked how many years ago it roamed Earth and we would put 80 trillion.

Anything other gets you no marks.
It may be a way out scenario but take a look at what we're told to believe.

Explain what you mean.
Drift to where?
What causes this drift in a supposed space vacuum?
There are levels of education. A lot of primary school is learn and repeat. Some parts of GCSE, especially maths and science require some level of investigation. A-Level maths and science is all about proofs and processing evidence. Degree is mostly about research. As your level of education continues, it becomes less about repeating facts it is about asking the questions, researching and proving the results.

Are you saying that those who believe we live on a globe are repeating drilled in facts and have not been able to prove observationally and with the use of mathematics, the nature of our world?

There are levels of education. A lot of primary school is learn and repeat. Some parts of GCSE, especially maths and science require some level of investigation. A-Level maths and science is all about proofs and processing evidence. Degree is mostly about research. As your level of education continues, it becomes less about repeating facts it is about asking the questions, researching and proving the results.

Are you saying that those who believe we live on a globe are repeating drilled in facts and have not been able to prove observationally and with the use of mathematics, the nature of our world?

the maths is fabricated to give an answer which confirms the globe model mate!

Back