Put a flat earthier into space

There need be no debate on this.

Science cannot prove absolute truths but it can prove absolute falsehoods. If you pick up your phone and predict it is going to float upwards, and when you let go it drops to the floor, then the prediction is proved to be false.

The Earth is not flat. This has been proved beyond any doubt. Anybody who continues to claim that it is flat is either an idiot or an attention seeker. I won't be engaging with either party.

There need be no debate on this.

Science cannot prove absolute truths but it can prove absolute falsehoods. If you pick up your phone and predict it is going to float upwards, and when you let go it drops to the floor, then the prediction is proved to be false.

The Earth is not flat. This has been proved beyond any doubt. Anybody who continues to claim that it is flat is either an idiot or an attention seeker. I won't be engaging with either party.
While logical, look at the arguments on here.

"There is zero proof (that I understand in any capacity) of a globe earth, so I'm going all in to believe in something else of which there is absolutely zero proof."

It sums up the mentality of the conspiracy theorist. Basically disregard all evidence for the accepted norm and claim it to be a lie or coverup, then wave it away in blissful ignorance. Sit demanding truth, encourage people to ask questions and work things out for themselves. But when they do, claim brainwashing, meanwhile preach your replacement theory and stick by it, regardless of the fact there is no proof and doesn't stand up to the same scrutiny.

It is basically a religion. Take any one religion and there is no proof of it being real. Those people then dismiss other religions as the wrong ones, even though logically all are equally valid. However history has shown, when science and learning has replaced religious teachings they deny it, pass it off as mistake and lies, before eventually (often after a few hundred years) realising you can't resist the tide for ever, accept and fold into their religion. It is all about faith and belief, which runs deep. Logic doesn't come into it so logical arguments are doomed to failure.

It's a genuine photo.

I've researched it's veracity on YouTube.
There are some amazing photos out there, taken with the like of hubble, right down to a £200 scope in a back garden.

Anyone who looks through a telescope at the likes of Saturn or the moon has a wow moment as they see the rings or the moon go from a white/silver 2d shape in the sky, to suddenly look like a real ball of rock with craters and ever changing shadows. Similar to anyone snorkling or scuba diving, where in some locations you put your head under the waves and there is so much there you didn’t know about. There are wonderful things to see, the universe is beautiful. I often feel the flat earth/space deniers are just losing out as they seeth with anger at all this being faked for them.

There are some amazing photos out there, taken with the like of hubble, right down to a £200 scope in a back garden.

Anyone who looks through a telescope at the likes of Saturn or the moon has a wow moment as they see the rings or the moon go from a white/silver 2d shape in the sky, to suddenly look like a real ball of rock with craters and ever changing shadows. Similar to anyone snorkling or scuba diving, where in some locations you put your head under the waves and there is so much there you didn’t know about. There are wonderful things to see, the universe is beautiful. I often feel the flat earth/space deniers are just losing out as they seeth with anger at all this being faked for them.

Great post

While logical, look at the arguments on here.

"There is zero proof (that I understand in any capacity) of a globe earth, so I'm going all in to believe in something else of which there is absolutely zero proof."

It sums up the mentality of the conspiracy theorist. Basically disregard all evidence for the accepted norm and claim it to be a lie or coverup, then wave it away in blissful ignorance. Sit demanding truth, encourage people to ask questions and work things out for themselves. But when they do, claim brainwashing, meanwhile preach your replacement theory and stick by it, regardless of the fact there is no proof and doesn't stand up to the same scrutiny.

It is basically a religion. Take any one religion and there is no proof of it being real. Those people then dismiss other religions as the wrong ones, even though logically all are equally valid. However history has shown, when science and learning has replaced religious teachings they deny it, pass it off as mistake and lies, before eventually (often after a few hundred years) realising you can't resist the tide for ever, accept and fold into their religion. It is all about faith and belief, which runs deep. Logic doesn't come into it so logical arguments are doomed to failure.
I suppose there aren't that many doctors, scientists or engineers who earned their stripes sat in their pants watching YouTube.

There's a great ending to the documentary about flat earthers (beyond the curve) and you get to learn about their lives and why it's so difficult to escape the life of a flat earther.
There is something about the conspiracy theorist mindset that is fascinating but defies all logic.

I was reading today about the prosecution of someone in Gateshead who burnt down a 5G tower for health reasons. For some reason 5G has become a big dangerous thing in the minds of some. Yeah, wavebands, radiation etc.

Anyone remember the TV digital switchover in 2008 where some of the analogue TV bands were turned off? One range was those in the 700 MHz range. Guess what one of the ranges used by 5G is? You didn’t get people burning their TVs. The main range is in the 3GHz band, which sits between the two ranges used for wifi. People don’t burn their access points. But like the flat earth, wave away the facts and you are really on to something.

Ah right. Again, I could imagine that being the case, in my mind it isn't that 'out there'.

There isn't any evidence I'm aware of that suggests it however.

People like you have class imaginations though and I mean that in a good way though...can you think of an experiment that would/could prove or hint towards your believe being true? (Of the universe being like a cell?).
All we can do as individuals is to go with the mainstream flow or question it and have a theory of our own, if people are genuinely interested in delving into potentials.
As for me having proof of this Earth being a cell, have no direct proof that would put anything on a plate as potential truth, just as scientists do not have any proof of any big bang and all the rest of it but they are on a paid pedestal standing to convey whatever they deem as possibilities which they basically rubber stamp with peer review finalisation, yet the same proof is absolutely not there.

It literally begs questions and each person who wants to offer alternate views can potentially offer much better one's as opposed to stuff like " the big bang started from nothing."

It comes back down to a basic faith in a storyline that offers no reality or even sensible proof of anything and can be construed as faith in a god on the say so of the masses who grow up following that train of thought.
The story is all there but it basically offers nothing more than telling people the story is true...because.

I'm wittering on too much.

Anyway I look at how we are contained in terms of atmosphere and I ask myself......are we contained with a thin atmosphere just whirling around with a spinning ball against a space vacuum or are we contained in a membrane with our life support all inside with the outer being some kind of liquid that we are not privy to that attaches to other Earth like cells.

Looking at how many things act in what's known as vacuum chambers tells me a lot but to others it may mean absolutely nothing.....but.....I can only convey what I theorise, which is all it it.

I absolutely cannot offer facts in that department but I certainly believe (for myself) it offers more than what we're told about a big bang and all the rest of it.

The reality is we are all brought up to follow the status quo.
So the universe in a cell could include other planets and space etc yeah? (Globe ones)
But other universes/cells.
That doesn't sound as ludicrous as just our planet being in some sort of snow globe.
I like to think of it sort of like cells among cells on a liquid of some sort.
Look at a lot of groups of cells/eggs and such. Stuff like frog spawn (not literally) and such like sitting on water down here.

I think it's very possible that we are simply attached cells like this but maybe as part of a larger body makeup compared.
There are levels of education. A lot of primary school is learn and repeat. Some parts of GCSE, especially maths and science require some level of investigation. A-Level maths and science is all about proofs and processing evidence. Degree is mostly about research. As your level of education continues, it becomes less about repeating facts it is about asking the questions, researching and proving the results.

Are you saying that those who believe we live on a globe are repeating drilled in facts and have not been able to prove observationally and with the use of mathematics, the nature of our world?
Absolutely. And I was one of them not too long ago.
When you're young you learn to trust authority, whether that's listening to your parents of a school teacher...etc....etc.
You are trained to follow a curriculum and your final exams are based on your adhering to that.

You regurgitate what's drilled in, or you don't and fail the exam.
That doesn't mean school is bad but it certainly doesn't offer you any scope outside of following that curriculum.
Think about the word “atmospheric”. Part of it comes from the word “sphere”. Ring any bells?
Hemisphere?

Last edited:
All we can do as individuals is to go with the mainstream flow or question it and have a theory of our own, if people are genuinely interested in delving into potentials.
As for me having proof of this Earth being a cell, have no direct proof that would put anything on a plate as potential truth, just as scientists do not have any proof of any big bang and all the rest of it but they are on a paid pedestal standing to convey whatever they deem as possibilities which they basically rubber stamp with peer review finalisation, yet the same proof is absolutely not there.

It literally begs questions and each person who wants to offer alternate views can potentially offer much better one's as opposed to stuff like " the big bang started from nothing."

It comes back down to a basic faith in a storyline that offers no reality or even sensible proof of anything and can be construed as faith in a god on the say so of the masses who grow up following that train of thought.
The story is all there but it basically offers nothing more than telling people the story is true...because.

I'm wittering on too much.

Anyway I look at how we are contained in terms of atmosphere and I ask myself......are we contained with a thin atmosphere just whirling around with a spinning ball against a space vacuum or are we contained in a membrane with our life support all inside with the outer being some kind of liquid that we are not privy to that attaches to other Earth like cells.

Looking at how many things act in what's known as vacuum chambers tells me a lot but to others it may mean absolutely nothing.....but.....I can only convey what I theorise, which is all it it.

I absolutely cannot offer facts in that department but I certainly believe (for myself) it offers more than what we're told about a big bang and all the rest of it.

The reality is we are all brought up to follow the status quo.

I like to think of it sort of like cells among cells on a liquid of some sort.
Look at a lot of groups of cells/eggs and such. Stuff like frog spawn (not literally) and such like sitting on water down here.

I think it's very possible that we are simply attached cells like this but maybe as part of a larger body makeup compared.

When you're young you learn to trust authority, whether that's listening to your parents of a school teacher...etc....etc.
You are trained to follow a curriculum and your final exams are based on your adhering to that.

That doesn't mean school is bad but it certainly doesn't offer you any scope outside of following that curriculum.

Hemisphere?

Hemisphere literally means half a sphere

Hemisphere?
Oh dear, I think that is where the problem lies.

Mathematics is all about proof, proving one thing equals another. Some areas of science are 'to the best of our knowledge at this time' and theories are refined on as knowledge progresses, but maths is absolute. 2+2=4. That is not brainwashing, that is not subjective, it just is.

You then take it further than algebra and look at pi, Pythagoras and trigonometry - your basics of geometry built on the foundations laid by Euclid. Those are also absolute proven fact. You can calculate stuff on the small scale and measure it with a ruler for proof, and those rules form the basis on which all roads, buildings, massive ships etc are designed. Geometry just is, the modern world would not work if those rule were wrong.

However you apply the same geometric hard and fast rules to accurate observational evidence of the world and night sky and it all points to the same thing. And the key thing is it is all provable down to first principals. In the modern era, rather than sit with pen and paper, computers can do all the calculations for us and even render all that in 3D. You feed the observations and basic geometric rules into a simulator and the same things pop out. That is not perception or personal bias, it is just maths.

Quite frankly what you say is demeaning and insulting. You claim you don't insult people but there is evidence just there. "You regurgitate what is drilled in". No. Thousands upon thousands of people learn the provable basics from 2+2=4 upwards. It is called knowledge, learning and intelligence. People like myself are not sheep just repeating stuff, people actually take things back to the first principals and build from there. Nowt to do with curriculum and passing exams, that is way behind someone of my age, it is all about learning, personal interest and advancement of knowledge.

What I do find fascinating though is if you dismiss all the above as being provable, if you reject basic maths and geometry then what are you left with? At least with that you have a solid set of provable rules and equations that point to a globe earth. There is no physics or maths that backs up any other model, so people are left with a choice. Do you reject all mathematics and dismiss the globe, do you accept mathematics and the globe or do you go for something else where there is no maths to back it up? The second one is the only logical choice.

Mathematics is all about proof, proving one thing equals another. Some areas of science are 'to the best of our knowledge at this time' and theories are refined on as knowledge progresses, but maths is absolute. 2+2=4. That is not brainwashing, that is not subjective, it just is.

You then take it further than algebra and look at pi, Pythagoras and trigonometry - your basics of geometry built on the foundations laid by Euclid. Those are also absolute proven fact. You can calculate stuff on the small scale and measure it with a ruler for proof, and those rules form the basis on which all roads, buildings, massive ships etc are designed. Geometry just is, the modern world would not work if those rule were wrong.

However you apply the same geometric hard and fast rules to accurate observational evidence of the world and night sky and it all points to the same thing. And the key thing is it is all provable down to first principals. In the modern era, rather than sit with pen and paper, computers can do all the calculations for us and even render all that in 3D. You feed the observations and basic geometric rules into a simulator and the same things pop out. That is not perception or personal bias, it is just maths.

Quite frankly what you say is demeaning and insulting. You claim you don't insult people but there is evidence just there. "You regurgitate what is drilled in". No. Thousands upon thousands of people learn the provable basics from 2+2=4 upwards. It is called knowledge, learning and intelligence. People like myself are not sheep just repeating stuff, people actually take things back to the first principals and build from there. Nowt to do with curriculum and passing exams, that is way behind someone of my age, it is all about learning, personal interest and advancement of knowledge.

What I do find fascinating though is if you dismiss all the above as being provable, if you reject basic maths and geometry then what are you left with? At least with that you have a solid set of provable rules and equations that point to a globe earth. There is no physics or maths that backs up any other model, so people are left with a choice. Do you reject all mathematics and dismiss the globe, do you accept mathematics and the globe or do you go for something else where there is no maths to back it up? The second one is the only logical choice.
Class post unfortunately a wasted one.

I think you’ve just opened up that can of worms again there mate.

Back