PUNK BRITANNIA AT THE BBC

• Thread starter Deleted member 2014
  • Start date

Add Anarchy in the Uk, to that list of tunes with great drumming and guitar riffs.

I fully agree but it's also the production of it that still amazes me. It's very rare for a decades old album to sound as though it could have been recorded on up to the minute 21st Century equipment a couple of weeks ago. NMTB does, as does Dark Side of the Moon. You'd expect that from Pink Floyd but the Pistols also nailed it. :D

The usual singles are still brilliant but Bodies is still shatteringly offensive 40 years later. :lol:
Not offensive. Childish I thought it then and still do.

Fuck that shit man. Katie Puckricks doing Yacht Rock series - miles better music :cool:
I watched that. I nivver knew Toto wrote theslow one on Thriller.

Last edited:
Punk was a shot in the arm the music industry needed at the time, the likes the Dammed, Pistols, The Jam and the The Clash. The music scene could do with a kick up the arse again...
Society could do with a kick up the arse as well to be fair. Imagine the safe space mob ringing the the police to report Johnny Rotton for hate crimes "he's offending me!"

Obviously the Pistols influenced rock music but seeing how much Alice and Iggy influenced them does that make them more influential?

I think rotten was when he wrote it. Let’s the whole album sown for me
Fair dos, as I've mentioned on here before my favourite Dylan album is Desire. Everybody seems to love the song Isis on there but it gans on forever with lyrics seemingly written by a concussed Liam Gallagher trapped in a studio with 5 tattered pages of the Ladybird Janet and John rhyming dictionary. It gets right on my tits. :lol:

1 post in and the mood hoover has arrived
He'd suck the life out of a hendon beach shitrock.

Society could do with a kick up the arse as well to be fair. Imagine the safe space mob ringing the the police to report Johnny Rotton for hate crimes "he's offending me!"
He'd run rings around them. Eloquent, driven and an entertaining, arrogant, sarcastic smartarse with a cruel wit. A true one off.

Last edited:
Given the shite that was knocking about at the time the opening riff of anarchy in the UK is one of the most important riffs in musical history imo
I’ll always remember me & @Libertine were at a gig & I said the brilliant thing about music, is sometimes you don’t know why it’s brilliant, there’s just something that clicks. He said “I still get excited now when I hear the opening riff of Anarchy in the Uk”. I’m pinching that line one day.

Some crackin young bands doing the rounds in London atm. Almost as exciting at the mid-late 70s.
Who are you thinking of marra? Hopefully they’ll all be new to me & I’ll have a bit fun discovering.

Obviously the Pistols influenced rock music but seeing how much Alice and Iggy influenced them does that make them more influential?
It all goes back to Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly. I’ve never delved back before then.

Last edited:

Back