PUNK BRITANNIA AT THE BBC

• Thread starter Deleted member 2014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzcocks, Skids and Penetration are playing in the royal albert hall tonight I wanted to go the wife didn't, the wife won the miserable fucker.
However, two of her best mates have just text her saying it's really good and are having a fantastic time and now she's right pissed off, get in.
What a pity you never got to the gig tonight. You'd have loved it.

I seen the Buzzcocks in Manchester in 1979.
I was 16 at the time and was massively into Punk music.
I still love the music, but am older now and I'm happy listening to most stuff from the Clash to the Carpenters.

I hope this programme is still being shown tonight.
In my tv mag it's listed as being on at 11pm, but according to the on screen tv planner, they've got BBC Cardiff, Singer of the World, listed for 11pm tonight. :eek:
If it's not on tonight then I'll be watching 5Spike at 11pm.
The Real Narco's UK, about the Fitzgibbon brothers of Liverpool.

None of them stand the test of time imho.
Fuck off man :lol::lol:

There’s bands numerous bands playing in Sunderland, this weekend, in various pubs who’ll be playing the songs from these albums. They have been for as long as I’ve been old enough to to pubs & will for a long time. That’s 40 odd years on.

As a side note, our lass has just mentioned some free entry punk festival at the Roker Hotel

Bollocks, Punk Britannia isn't on after all.
They've got poxy BBC Cardiff singer of the world on.
Aaaaarrrgh !! :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a lot of hangers on, but some of the music from that time turned out to be some of the most important records made.

Never Mind The Bollocks
The Clash
Inflammable Material
Rattus Norviticus

Even if you take the first records by the bands mentioned, there’s no way you can say the majority was shite. What came after the initial scene possibly
Heady days!

But most of that lot let us down.

I'm not knocking punk but going to see The Skids and Buzzcocks with Pete Shelley and Stuart Adamson long since deceased wouldn't do it for me.

They could play alright.
I love the Never mind the Bollocks album.
Some cracking tunes on there.
I fully agree but it's also the production of it that still amazes me. It's very rare for a decades old album to sound as though it could have been recorded on up to the minute 21st Century equipment a couple of weeks ago. NMTB does, as does Dark Side of the Moon. You'd expect that from Pink Floyd but the Pistols also nailed it. :D

Seventeen and Submission are tremendous.
The usual singles are still brilliant but Bodies is still shatteringly offensive 40 years later. :lol:

Last edited:
my planner says bbc cardiff singer of the world !!!!!
Sadly, mine does too, though my tv mag says otherwise.
I hope the BBC Cardiff singers of the World, can't shit for a month.
:p

Bollocks, Punk Britannia isn't on after all.
They've got poxy BBC Cardiff singer of the world on.
Aaaaarrrgh !! :evil:
:lol:
HE WAS A TWAT FROM SUNDERLAND
HIS THREAD WAS AN ABORTION
IT WAS A CASE OF STUPIDITY
HIS NAME WAS HORLEY CHORLEY HE WAS CLEARLY BRAIN FREE

I'm not knocking punk but going to see The Skids and Buzzcocks with Pete Shelley and Stuart Adamson long since deceased wouldn't do it for me.
Going from what you've posted on here before I think I'd rather see most of your favourites after their death. :lol:

Last edited:
I fully agree but it's also the production of it that still amazes me. It's very rare for a decades old album to sound as though it could have been recorded on up to the minute 21st Century equipment a couple of weeks ago. NMTB does, as does Dark Side of the Moon. You'd expect that from Pink Floyd but the Pistols also nailed it. :D

The usual singles are still brilliant but Bodies is still shatteringly offensive 40 years later. :lol:
Some people used to say the sound was too polished and not raw enough for the Pistols to be considered a real punk outfit.
I completely disagree.
Some of the stuff on NMTB is outstanding.
The drumming and guitar riffs are superb like on Pretty Vacant and Holidays in the Sun, as well as Bodies.

HE WAS A TWAT FROM SUNDERLAND
HIS THREAD WAS AN ABORTION
IT WAS A CASE OF STUPIDITY
HIS NAME WAS HORLEY CHORLEY HE WAS CLEARLY BRAIN FREE

Going from what you've posted on here before I think I'd rather see most of your favourites after their death. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back