PUNK BRITANNIA AT THE BBC

• Thread starter Deleted member 2014
  • Start date

The vast majority was/is shite really if we are honest? Will record it though, see what I may have been missing.

There was a lot of hangers on, but some of the music from that time turned out to be some of the most important records made.

Never Mind The Bollocks
The Clash
Inflammable Material
Rattus Norviticus

Even if you take the first records by the bands mentioned, there’s no way you can say the majority was shite. What came after the initial scene possibly

There was a lot of hangers on, but some of the music from that time turned out to be some of the most important records made.

Never Mind The Bollocks
The Clash
Inflammable Material
Rattus Norviticus

Even if you take the first records by the bands mentioned, there’s no way you can say the majority was shite. What came after the initial scene possibly

Punk pedant hat on: Norevegicus. Biologist pedant hat on: norvegicus.

Never Mind The Bollocks
The Clash
Inflammable Material
Rattus Norviticus

Love NMTB and Metal Box.

Re: The Clash. I'm a bigger fan of their reggae sound.

Last edited:

Never Mind The Bollocks
The Clash
Inflammable Material
Rattus Norviticus

None of them stand the test of time imho.

On BBC4 tonight, 11pm to 12:30am. (I know it's been on before, but it's worth watching again, imo)
For those of us who like our music with an edge to it :p

A time before Ed Sheeren:D

It was an enema that the music world needed at the time.

And also spurned post-punk shortly after and all the cracking bands within that genre:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
On BBC4 tonight, 11pm to 12:30am. (I know it's been on before, but it's worth watching again, imo)
For those of us who like our music with an edge to it :p
Buzzcocks, Skids and Penetration are playing in the royal albert hall tonight I wanted to go the wife didn't, the wife won the miserable fucker.
However, two of her best mates have just text her saying it's really good and are having a fantastic time and now she's right pissed off, get in.

Back