Pubs, restaurants, concerts, sporting crowds ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given all the inconsistencies in the uk approach in addition to ministers being ‘led by the science’ there is more than an element of the science being ‘led by the politics/resources available’.....

Whether the politicians were led by the science or whether the scientists were pointed to the science they should lead the politicians toward is open to debate. Being a tad mischievous, the Durham Gollum has been a tad low key since Boris became unwell. His views on herd immunity and the like were highly supported at one point.
Ticketmaster have been exposed for changing their details on refunds . They have made it for cancellations only . This happened just recently, as previously it was if an event canceled, postponed or rearranged . The latter two being on dates you possibly couldn’t attend .

Many concert promoters have simply postponed gigs for future dates to be confirmed. That could be anytime ofcourse .

Another ugly side to capitalism.

So, if a gig is rearranged because of Covid 19 and you can't make it, for whatever reason, you still pay?

Last edited:
Whether the politicians were led by the science or whether the scientists were pointed to the science they should lead the politicians toward is open to debate. Being a tad mischievous, the Durham Gollum has been a tad low key since Boris became unwell. His views on herd immunity and the like were highly supported at one point.

So, if a gig is rearranged because of Covid 19 and you can't make it, for whatever reason, you still pay?

It is being implied, yes. I think they will just expect you to sell the ticket on. Then again, if the gig has high demand they might just refund you and put the ticket back up for sale. It appears they are making it up as they go along to suit their own bank balance. For me, any decent government would seize upon this kind of activity and nail them to the floor with a heavy fine and demand for refunds. Won't be holding my breath for refunds on L7 in Manchester in June and Pixies in Glasgow late August.

If you start thinking about the the future of life as we knew it, it's a little unsettling to say the very least.

I'm just trying to live in the here and now as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back