Pubs, restaurants, concerts, sporting crowds ..

Gorillacop

Central Defender
I was listening to a woman in Italy who’s bar was likely to close very soon, I realistically can’t see any of the thread title being allowed to happen/open for a long time.

Do you think any of them you will be open again this year?
Pubs, restaurants, concerts, sporting crowds.

Based on nothing but a guess only, it’s looking bleak.

Concerts & sporting crowds will be long way down the line.

restaurants I could see being quite early on in the lifting of restrictions - but with reduced capacity to ensure space between tables. Mind this could do more harm than good for the business if they would otherwise be getting gvmt help.

Germany and Italy already said no fans until 2021

Says something when the organiser of the Olympics said it may be called off again and that isnt until July 2021
It's gonna be difficult for big clubs but could ruin smaller ones. Mind, it might see playing staff wages reduced and football clubs being more financially prudent and ran better instead of running at losses, trying to chase the big money.

A year ago today I was at Peterborough with Mrs Q and our son, seems unbelievable to be where we are now with little prospect of going to a game for the rest of the year

Pubs/restaurants will be open early June imo, will be limited numbers and social distancing.

Max of two per table (from the same address) with all tables 2 metres apart. It'll work okay for restaurants but I'm not sure how it works for pubs - table service only, one in one out for the toilets, pre-booking only, must drink enough beer to make the booking worthwhile.

Realistically, the last things to come back will be the group leisure places. Similar for gyms, bowling alleys, swimming pools etc.

very difficult call when thousands of lives are on the line , however I agree, the economy just can’t be left to collapse.

fully expecting the construction side to get going in a small way in the next 2-3 weeks .
Perfect time to get road construction teams back. So little traffic they can work during the day instead of overnight 😉

7 weeks to early June, I just can’t see it, pubs will be the last places to open imho.

They will be, however who knows, I work in the industry and those in a higher place than me expect it to be early June.
These people knew pubs/restaurants were to close the day before the announcement so in my view industry leaders/big companies certainly get a tip off.
Could be wrang like

They will be, however who knows, I work in the industry and those in a higher place than me expect it to be early June.
These people knew pubs/restaurants were to close the day before the announcement so in my view industry leaders/big companies certainly get a tip off.
Could be wrang like
You're not wrong fella.

One of the companies I'm involved with are in the construction sector. Be ready for early May is what we've heard.

Back