Pubs, restaurants, concerts, sporting crowds ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be, however who knows, I work in the industry and those in a higher place than me expect it to be early June.
These people knew pubs/restaurants were to close the day before the announcement so in my view industry leaders/big companies certainly get a tip off.
Could be wrang like
Maybe over 30s only for the first few months or under 60s only.

very difficult call when thousands of lives are on the line , however I agree, the economy just can’t be left to collapse.

fully expecting the construction side to get going in a small way in the next 2-3 weeks .

why do we need construction back out of interest ?In an economic downturn it’s the first thing to go. ? And we are definitely in for a downturn

why do we need construction back out of interest ?In an economic downturn it’s the first thing to go. ? And we are definitely in for a downturn
They are working outdoors, gloves on etc generally away from most people so good to get some people going

Even if football starts new season in August behind close doors premier league teams are going to lose their season ticket revenue and match day revenue which is still a decent proportion of income. If that is on top of any refunds to tv companies they will need 50% wage cuts

They will be, however who knows, I work in the industry and those in a higher place than me expect it to be early June.
These people knew pubs/restaurants were to close the day before the announcement so in my view industry leaders/big companies certainly get a tip off.
Could be wrang like

I have noticed that those fake festivals with tribute bands have cancelled upto back end of March, and are looking to resume around 27th June. Jet2 are looking to resume flights 17th June. We've got a gig back end of June which of yet hasn't been cancelled. So who knows

I agree about pubs etc until we get some sort of Covid passport however construction and manufacturing are not restricted now. In fact the government are already trying to get construction companies to start up again.

Flights are going to be a tricky one like. Really important for holidays and work but everyone crammed into a cabin for hours at a time is probably as risky as it gets, and that’s before you get into the debate about people importing the virus across borders.

Flights are going to be a tricky one like. Really important for holidays and work but everyone crammed into a cabin for hours at a time is probably as risky as it gets, and that’s before you get into the debate about people importing the virus across borders.

Essential travel isn't banned.

Last edited:
I have noticed that those fake festivals with tribute bands have cancelled upto back end of March, and are looking to resume around 27th June. Jet2 are looking to resume flights 17th June. We've got a gig back end of June which of yet hasn't been cancelled. So who knows

Its just to keep peoples money for as long as possible

The need to make money and bring in tax revenue makes me think otherwise
Now is the time to invest in those face masks with a built in straw.
The virus that changed the world forever.
People forget it took at least 10 years to recover from the war. We are not there yet but recovery time will be measured in years rather than months. Irrepective of your view of the rights and wrongs of Brexit we better get a bloody good trade deal because I really fear for our economy without one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back