Pubs, restaurants, concerts, sporting crowds ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

the amount it employs directly and indirectly is huge plus it’s the foundation of our society ....

based on what ? A guess?

The initial government plan was herd immunity, they only changed it when they came under pressure. This is a government that has always put the economy first and theyll look to get things back to normal at the first opportunity. Not that I think it's the right thing to do.

The initial government plan was herd immunity, they only changed it when they came under pressure. This is a government that has always put the economy first and theyll look to get things back to normal at the first opportunity. Not that I think it's the right thing to do.

Work wise i selfishly need to get back to it, I personally can’t see us getting any of the headlines I’ve pointed out being open or happening this year.
As I said just my opinion.Especially pubs and sport

Taxes are a certainty and the need to make money will never go away on a permanent basis. That doesn't mean things will be like they were.

You're suggesting that there will be permanent change made. What do you believe those changes will be? I don't think there will be permanent change and once this is over people will want to forget about it. China didn't learn from SARS 2003, they probably won't learn from COVID 2019 and we'll all be doing this merry dance again at some point in the next ten, fifteen, twenty five years.
Some People in South Korea who have had it have contracted it again

Allegedly. The director of Korea's CDC believes they never actually recovered in the first place.

I agree for most of us but what about the antibody test?

Those that test positive can get back to normal
That's going to take a while to sort out and then get everyone tested though, isn't it? There's a chance it could mutate and die out before then.

I think all these festivals and gigs that have said they’re still going ahead or have rearranged dates are leading people on somewhat. They’re breeding grounds for poor hygiene and illness at the best of times and have people travelling from all over the place to them.

Can see plenty staying away from crowds and public places whether they reopen or not. Say they allow crowds back to the footy come August or September, 30k of us sitting shoulder to shoulder. Are you going to be happy with older relatives going along? Taking the kids back? Regardless of official word it'll take longer for the general public's trust in those situations to return.

I can see a lot of pubs and restaurants just closing up for good. It's a difficult trade to be in at the best of times. I think the Italian's and the Germans have already said no crowd at the matches for the rest of this year.

You'll just find wealthy people begin to buy them for buttons sadly. You're right though, loads will go under and it's an industry in which many are on zero hour contracts, it's very sad for all involved.

Can see plenty staying away from crowds and public places whether they reopen or not. Say they allow crowds back to the footy come August or September, 30k of us sitting shoulder to shoulder. Are you going to be happy with older relatives going along? Taking the kids back? Regardless of official word it'll take longer for the general public's trust in those situations to return.

I'm steering clear. Got a ticket to Green Man in mid-August (not cancelled yet) but pretty much decided I'm not going regardless. Expecting they'll cancel anyway.

Ticketmaster have been exposed for changing their details on refunds . They have made it for cancellations only . This happened just recently, as previously it was if an event canceled, postponed or rearranged . The latter two being on dates you possibly couldn’t attend .

Many concert promoters have simply postponed gigs for future dates to be confirmed. That could be anytime ofcourse .

Another ugly side to capitalism.

If they've changed the terms now I can't see them being able to defend it if someone challenges them in court. Surely the contract is that formed at the time the buyer accepted the terms and conditions at the time of purchase.

And on the 'postponed' approach, I'd be really interested to see if they could hold the line on that too, when not only do they have no dates, but they have no idea when they might even be able to plan those dates, and when they could plan them whether they might then be cancelled in further waves.

But then it doesn't surprise me that it's Ticketmaster. Twats.

All of them were. The mantra seemed to be "Keep calm and carry on" for 1 to 2 weeks too long.

Given all the inconsistencies in the uk approach in addition to ministers being ‘led by the science’ there is more than an element of the science being ‘led by the politics/resources available’.....

If they've changed the terms now I can't see them being able to defend it if someone challenges them in court. Surely the contract is that formed at the time the buyer accepted the terms and conditions at the time of purchase.

And on the 'postponed' approach, I'd be really interested to see if they could hold the line on that too, when not only do they have no dates, but they have no idea when they might even be able to plan those dates, and when they could plan them whether they might then be cancelled in further waves.

But then it doesn't surprise me that it's Ticketmaster. Twats.

I'd question the legalities of it anyway. If the date is changed after the purchase.& you can't make the new one, you're entitled to a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back