Proposal for an incinerator plant in Washington

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this the Plant they were looking to build in Hendon, next to the Blue House and beside the gas storage tanks? iirc that one was also going to take the crap from Gateshead and South Shields.

This is quite ironic given that nobody here has mentioned the old chemical works which used to be at Washington - Newalls Insulation I think it was. There used to be a mountain of slag made up of Asbestos and Cyanide oozing into the Wear.

I'd rather it didn't come, I don't want the town becoming Boro mk11 with f***ing chimney's springing up all over, fuck that ! I like our skyline, the quality of air round here is decent.

One of our biggest growth areas at work. We supply a product they spray into the emissions to catch nasties. We then remove the resultant ash and make a lightweight aggregate to make building blocks
Ah.a little bit like the sludge they recycle from the cooling towers at Drax power station.its drained off in huge holding ponds and used for plaster boards

27ft higher than Durham house. Will be located on Hillthorn Business park behind Barmston next to Nissan. Been protests about it and there's a Facebook page called 'no monster incinerator in Washington' with a lot more information. There's also a petition going around that has been presented to Sharon Hodgson who refused to sign. There is no planning permission yet however it's on the council core strategy.

Wasn't aware of this until I was speaking to someone about it today. May interest some people on here who live in/near the area. Sorry if there's already a thread kicking about but couldn't see anything said about it.

In my opinion the WHOLE of f***ing washington is nothing but a an incinerator, f***ing horrible place so do what they want for me like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back