Proposal for an incinerator plant in Washington

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 31333

27ft higher than Durham house. Will be located on Hillthorn Business park behind Barmston next to Nissan. Been protests about it and there's a Facebook page called 'no monster incinerator in Washington' with a lot more information. There's also a petition going around that has been presented to Sharon Hodgson who refused to sign. There is no planning permission yet however it's on the council core strategy.

Wasn't aware of this until I was speaking to someone about it today. May interest some people on here who live in/near the area. Sorry if there's already a thread kicking about but couldn't see anything said about it.

It's pretty shitty when reading about it, a 215,000 tonne incinerator with a 57mt high chimney that become a Sunderland landmark !

I've fired off an email, took me less than two minutes copy/paste, can we get the power of the SMB behind this.

Taken from the facebook page:

If you want to help stop this it is very important that you do the following before the 2nd of October :

You need to contact by email : [email protected]

Subject: Object to policy CM3 energy from waste.

You need to say >

I object to policy CM3 because of the impact to health, the impact to the environment. The roads and infrastructure will not be able to cope with the proposals, there's a risk of fire, it is not compatible with the councils environmental policy and the proposed site is too close in proximity to residential areas.

They were wanting to build one a few years ago at Follingsby Park so its probably the rehashed plans for that one. Should be canny on Fellgate when theres a Southerly wind.

This! Create a few hundred construction jobs and 40 0dd permanent jobs for the area. Get it built!
Used to get the same thing from landfill sites by methane fuelled engines but despite almost zero methane emissions from the capped brownfield sites they were deemed to be outdated.

It's pretty shitty when reading about it, a 215,000 tonne incinerator with a 57mt high chimney that become a Sunderland landmark !

I've fired off an email, took me less than two minutes copy/paste, can we get the power of the SMB behind this.

If you want to help stop this it is very important that you do the following before the 2nd of October :

You need to say >

I object to policy CM3 because of the impact to health, the impact to the environment. The roads and infrastructure will not be able to cope with the proposals, there's a risk of fire, it is not compatible with the councils environmental policy and the proposed site is too close in proximity to residential areas.
Without providing any actual detail to those claims it is not going to get you anywhere.

There's a risk of fire?

Not close to me, so I don't know what effect it may have.

I do like a good moan though and some poor sod in concord might have to listen to a diatribe

You need to say >

Risk of fire in an incinerator? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back