Promotion still a possibility

Aren't good enough against the better sides. In league games we have only won 1 game against top half opposition in 2019.

Honestly think in January we need to throw money at it. We need to go up this season and we need be competitive in the championship. (Not promotion but at least avoid relegation) we need to get ready for it and bring in championship quality players

Despite results and displays being poor we're ony goal difference away from a play off spot.
You don't have to be good to get promoted from the 3rd division.
Talk about us stopping in this league for years and years is far fetched.

There is no quality in this League at all.

Definitely still possible. The standard of football in this league is utter gash.
Watching the premier league is like taking in a different sport!

A few decent additions in January and there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t get promotion this season.

Over to the recruitment team..,,
Recruitment team now doing facilities maintenance..

After 17 games we were 19th in the season that Keane took over!
There is still a lot of football to be played.
And no I don’t think Parkinson is Keane and that the change around will be as drastic but it also doesn’t need to be. I certainly wasn’t for his appointment.
But the performances have improved. We are actually making more chances.
Listening to some of the stuff that Parkinson has said he understands what we need and he knows that we aren’t doing it. He wants to play a high press which is a good thing.
He needs to change the formation and we’ll be laughing.
Yes we need signings and a new right back will be priority. I just can’t see us signing a new striker though. £4 million worth of strikers is a lot to write off.

And no I don’t think Parkinson is Keane and that the change around will be as drastic but it also doesn’t need to be. I certainly wasn’t for his appointment.
Listening to some of the stuff that Parkinson has said he understands what we need and he knows that we aren’t doing it. He wants to play a high press which is a good thing.
Yes we need signings and a new right back will be priority. I just can’t see us signing a new striker though. £4 million worth of strikers is a lot to write off.

Good post mate and unless we can find a buyer for Grigg I can't see us spending big on a striker.
Ideal scenario is we offload Grigg and use the money to get two competent forwards but I suspect we'll be looking at loans. I just hope the ones they bring in have more of an impact than Sterling, Morgan , Sinclair and that centre half from Burnley Jimmy?

The Southend and Gillingham games were certainly no improvement

The Southend and Gillingham games were certainly no improvement
Generally speaking we are attacking more and look better at the back.
Yes we still aren't controlling games and look shite in large periods.
Of course you can pick games when we were poor. I can pick games when we were clearly better.
I'm not here to defend Parkinson, that's not the point of my posts.
Its just to say that there is a huge amount of football left this season.

Wycombe won't stay in the top 2. They have a difficult run of fixtures in december and over christmas. Posh have a much harder set of fixtures in the second half of the season. I think second could be Rotherham or Oxford. If we are within 6 points by January we could easily end up in the top 2 if we have a good window. Not much confidence in a recruitment team that doesn't rate Maddison and signs injury prone, half fit players.

Wycombe won't stay in the top 2. They have a difficult run of fixtures in december and over christmas. Posh have a much harder set of fixtures in the second half of the season. I think second could be Rotherham or Oxford. If we are within 6 points by January we could easily end up in the top 2 if we have a good window. Not much confidence in a recruitment team that doesn't rate Maddison and signs injury prone, half fit players.

I agree about Wycombe, they've got a very difficult run of fixtures (on paper). Not sure about Posh though, they've played more of the teams in the top half than we have. Your comment about recruitment and Maddison is the really worrying thing for me.

How can you say highly unlikely?
Still a decent chance.
Three teams have to go up. No matter how shite they are.
The confidence is really poor at the minute. The second half on Saturday was awful but booing definitely doesn’t help. PP needs to get them lifted ASAP a couple of wins would be a big help.

Without form there'll be no promotion. Without fit, hard working players there'll be no form and too many are not that but that can be worked on and people moved on. Without pace, movement and goal threat up front we'll have no form. That's a problem for us while McNulty has the lard on as Grigg will never be that and Wyke is more a second striker not a direct threat. We need a couple of forward players on the left and in the centre for me like. And replace that old grandad pretending to be McLaughlin at right back with someone who can at least jog and ideally can actually be a threat.

I think everyone’s answered the question.....everyone thinks we are short in quality, need several top signings, and we must win an awful lot more points going forwards on average than we have been. It isn’t going to happen! If we squeak a play off and did manage to fluke going up, god help this squad in the championship. And before people say we could invest heavily in the Summer, you need serious wedge to do well at that level. We are completely dependent for future success on our scouts unearthing some gems....which without appalling track record at this isn’t going to happen!

Our away form is terrible. We struggle at home against most top half teams. Our strikers are shit. Our centre midfielders are shit. Our centre half’s are shit. Our full backs are shit. Our goalkeeper has become shit. Our manager is shit. We have no good youngsters because our academy is shit.
We need a whole new team then according to you. :)

Back