Promotion still a possibility

I would be amazed if we didn’t make the playoffs. It’s a shite league and we need to get our forwards scoring.....couple of astute loan signings and no constant errors from players and we should be ok

Definitely still possible. The standard of football in this league is utter gash.
Watching the premier league is like taking in a different sport!

A few decent additions in January and there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t get promotion this season.

Over to the recruitment team..,,
Increasingly, I'm given to the thought that we need two more wingers and a decent striker. Put another way, I'd sooner keep Maguire and McGeady as impact subs, in this artless league.

Despite results and displays being poor we're ony goal difference away from a play off spot.
You don't have to be good to get promoted from the 3rd division.
Talk about us stopping in this league for years and years is far fetched.
In a few years time supporters around the country will be saying remember that Sunderland club when they were in the Premier.

Last edited:
Despite results and displays being poor we're ony goal difference away from a play off spot.

Maybe we dont have to be good, or brilliant, but we wont get away with being shit. Recent history has surely taught us that?
In a few years time supporters around the country will be saying remember that Sunderland club when they were in the Premier.

They say that now, and remind us how shit we were!

I cant see it being top 2 at present but playoffs is easily achievable. We are 3 points behind 3rd and have games in hand on teams currently 3rd , 4th and 6th.

And I'm not convinced Wycombe will be in top 2. They will fall away if you ask me.

It's far from over, and as long as we tick over until January and then do a bit of wheeling and dealing you never know.

Basically weve had a horrendous start yet still within 3 points of 3rd.
Games in hand?
Let’s not go there please.

Agree, we going up despite being shite at the moment.

The next two home games will decide our destiny...Parkinson will have had ample time to assess his players and sort out his best 11,something Jack Ross never achieved.Win both these games and It could be the start of a decent run...drop any points and think we will struggle for rest of the season...I can see us loosing both these games,sadly

Pissed at this hour man..

We are one place higher in the league than Charlton were at the same point last season
The season before, Blackburn and Rotherham were 6th and 7th at the same point in the season with the same number of points.

All 3 teams I’ve mentioned had played 16 games at that point as well.

It feels like we are in freefall just now, but in reality we are within touching distance of the playoffs at least... Hopefully we can turn it around. Got to have hope, I guess.

Still think theres a decent chance Pompey will get promoted. Weird league this year, if Wycombe fall away it's anybody's guess.

So is relegation. Can’t see either happening personally.

Of course we can still get promoted it’s November. We will need to improve performances and results pretty dramatically to get automatic promotion unless this is a particularly low points season.

Of course we can get promoted. If you just looked at the league position. And our squad and our budget. But if you had actually watched our performances and the fact we struggle to beat teams in the lower half and can't beat the better teams. It's also perfectly possible we will finish about 7th!

Back