Prime Video now with Ads

So I'm watching a movie on Prime and in addition to 2 ads at the start there is also a 10 second one in the middle. More entertaining then the movie tbf but worrying

Bit weird I've got amazon for a month. Haven't paid to get rid of the adds. So far I've watches 2 films and 4 episodes of a show. The adds have only appeared on one of the films. Not complaining and hopefully it stays like that as I hate adds.

It's getting worse year by year this advertising shit. Parasites all these billionaire companies.
I listen to music sometimes on YouTube while working and now I just keep clicking on a different video until the ads stop.

Amazon Prime video is the service I have that I use least, they don't have the content.
Most of the stuff you search for is available but at a charge.
Amazon Music is just as bad, everything you ask for is available in the full subscription and not the included one.
All I really use is the free delivery and amazon prime event days.
I'm on the verge of just dumping it.

It's getting worse year by year this advertising shit. Parasites all these billionaire companies.
I listen to music sometimes on YouTube while working and now I just keep clicking on a different video until the ads stop.

yeah youtube , used to be a button to skip the ads. now its button to skip each ad , watch a ad for 5 seconds then press skip then another ad for 5-13 sec and press skip again. what will it be next , you can't skip adverts unless you buy / visit a site.

i found a site (cheapzy) , looking for cheap spotify. bang you on a family play with randoms in india or somewhere. they just want your account login details 😂 😂
people say its worked for them , IF i was to try it i would create a new account and give them that

YouTube Premium​

How does it work?
When purchasing, you will need to provide the login details for your Google account. We will log in, buy the premium, and logout.
Is this safe?
Yes, this is safe. We make no changes to your Google account when logging in, nor do we collect any information. All we do is purchase the YouTube Premium Yearly option, then logout. After the process is completed, you will be able to change your Google account password to ensure we don’t have any more access to your Google account for security purposes.

its not safe if your credit card is linked to account

Last edited:
Amazon Prime video is the service I have that I use least, they don't have the content.
Most of the stuff you search for is available but at a charge.
Amazon Music is just as bad, everything you ask for is available in the full subscription and not the included one.
All I really use is the free delivery and amazon prime event days.
I'm on the verge of just dumping it.
Agree they're all starting to take the piss. I was paying the full wack for netflix and thought why?. I barely watch it as is, so I knocked it down to the cheapest one for the odd thing I'll watch. Same as Amazon my buying habits are changing to the point it's not going to be worth the fee and at that point the fact they're trying to get more out of me to stop ads or give back a feature theyve decided to put behind a paywall that'll get the chop too. They're all getting too greedy and there's too many different services in the space people are going to get pissed off at being milked for more and more money and cancel the lot.

Got an email this morning prime video to introduce ads during video playback from 5th Feb or pay an extra £2.99 a month to have ad free.
Here we go
We pay for no ads on things like ITVx. It’s much better and worth the little it costs.

I don’t like advertising and am never influenced by it but my lass is so we save a fortune by her not seeing the ads and spending loads.

they got a point like , when i paid it was no adverts

To stream movies and tv shows without ads, Amazon customers must now pay an additional $2.99 per month. This is true even for people who purchased the yearly, ad-free subscription, and who are now mid-way through their subscription. This is not fair, because these subscribers already paid for the ad-free version; these subscribers should not have to pay an additional $2.99/month for something that they already paid for.

Last edited:

Back