Prime Video now with Ads

That is what Netflix wanted. If you are sharing an account they don’t care if you don’t subscribe as chances are the account holder will stay subscribed. . They lose some viewer's but they also don’t need to provide the resources to stream the content.
I was the account holder though and binned it.

I spent about an hour today trying to rent a movie on it, but my phone app is stuck on US even though my Amazon proper is UK.
I got the app to work on the sky box, but it wouldn’t accept payment. First and last time I’ve used prime video.

Watched one series and they all had one 20 second ad at the start, hardly a problem really unless they add on more ads.
Maybe they're testing combinations. I started watching Saltburn last night. Two 30 seconds ads at the start. Not sure during it as the other half came in sloshed so I turned it off.

Just have prime for deliveries. The movie service is pure shite really , stuff made on iphones and dubbed crap.
The grandbairn wanted to watch something ( cant remember what ) the other day , it was a 10 year old film and they wanted £12 to rent it ... As if 😂😂😂😂

Just have prime for deliveries. The movie service is pure shite really , stuff made on iphones and dubbed crap.
The grandbairn wanted to watch something ( cant remember what ) the other day , it was a 10 year old film and they wanted £12 to rent it ... As if 😂😂😂😂
Was that definitely not to buy? I've never come across a rental for more than a fiver-ish.

Their good stuff is often hard to find. Their app is horrific, even with their Fire sticks.
They can show adverts. I simply choose to ignore them
It's like YouTube, mute and wait. Actually YouTube on Chromecast usually lets me press back and play and skips them now

Was that definitely not to buy? I've never come across a rental for more than a fiver-ish.

Their good stuff is often hard to find. Their app is horrific, even with their Fire sticks.

It's like YouTube, mute and wait. Actually YouTube on Chromecast usually lets me press back and play and skips them now
Napolean is £16 to rent . Im pretty sure the title i mentioned was rental. I would have probably had it for £5 but chose to give the bairn a more valuable lesson in not letting anyone take your eyes out.

Napolean is £16 to rent . Im pretty sure the title i mentioned was rental. I would have probably had it for £5 but chose to give the bairn a more valuable lesson in not letting anyone take your eyes out.
That's a crazy price. I suspect I've never tried to rent a film as recently released as that.

That's a crazy price. I suspect I've never tried to rent a film as recently released as that.
I can get it with a new epic ( just ) but £12 for a kids film over 10 years old? Nah.
I didnt get Napolean either . Watched on her fathers dodgy stick while i was baby sitting her 😊

Last edited:

Back