Prime Video now with Ads

Surely will only work if all platforms go down that route.

"Netflix: Advert free" would be great counter advertisement for them.

On a couple of services, I've had adverts before stuff plays (and I usually either mute or set it going 2 minutes early while I'm still brewing a cuppa), but a program being interrupted in the middle is something I never want to go back to. I've not had that in years now.

It is pretty much Amazon saying "We know you are enjoying this show, but now we want you to watch an advert for dog food". If you are paying for the service then you have paid not to have adverts IMHO. That was one of the big advertised benefits of streaming platforms over broadcast TV.

Netflix now offer a cheaper sub with ads.

Amazon add free is still cheaper than Netflix ad free.

You need to pay extra for 4k stuff on Netflix, as I have a scratters 75" TV I have to pay it.

People have paid stupid money to Sky for years and you get absolutely saturated in ads.

Wait you guys are paying for Prime Video as a standalone product???

I've always just got my Prime Video thrown in with my regular Amazon Prime subscription. Given how much I order from them it more than pays for itself. Didn't know you could order just the Video portion
Seems to me that I'm paying for pretty much most things on prime these days anyway, besides the access fee, so it's a bit cheeky. Also, anazon kids is a joke.
I think I added the Britbox and Paramount+ as bolt ons for like $10 a month total. Well worth it.

Wait you guys are paying for Prime Video as a standalone product???

I've always just got my Prime Video thrown in with my regular Amazon Prime subscription. Given how much I order from them it more than pays for itself. Didn't know you could order just the Video portion

I think I added the Britbox and Paramount+ as bolt ons for like $10 a month total. Well worth it.
It’s available in the US and UK as a standalone service.

On a couple of services, I've had adverts before stuff plays (and I usually either mute or set it going 2 minutes early while I'm still brewing a cuppa), but a program being interrupted in the middle is something I never want to go back to. I've not had that in years now.

It is pretty much Amazon saying "We know you are enjoying this show, but now we want you to watch an advert for dog food". If you are paying for the service then you have paid not to have adverts IMHO. That was one of the big advertised benefits of streaming platforms over broadcast TV.
I've just swapped my netflix to the ad supported version as I was letting people share it so felt worth it but they cracked down on that so the £18 a month I was paying wasn't worth it anymore. Tbh at £4.99 it's a canny bargain on hd but I think I've seen three ads in about ten hours worth of viewing I'll take that over paying £18 as it simple wasn't worth it.

They will introduce shit like this little by little and initially people will bitch about it but eventually they will just accept it and pay for it.

Netflix isn't strictly ad free. There is a "cheaper with ads" pricepoint.

Amaon Prime Video itself is a joke. Shit content & awful to navigate the genres / categories.

Disney+ is way better.
I hate the way you can not filter the search for just included content. Though I am using a family members account so I'm getting it for free.

Loads of times I have wondered if something was on Amazon, only for the search to return and me find I'd have to pay more. because it is linked to his account I can't watch and go elsewhere. For one off paid for stuff, Google is pretty good.

Alot are now catching on to charge extra and earn extra revenue, Youtube has loads more of them before and during watching something
Oddly on YouTube, I can now just press back when adverts come on then replay the video immediately. Previously I just got a new long advert. That's ok Chromecast too.

I hate the way you can not filter the search for just included content. Though I am using a family members account so I'm getting it for free.

Loads of times I have wondered if something was on Amazon, only for the search to return and me find I'd have to pay more. because it is linked to his account I can't watch and go elsewhere. For one off paid for stuff, Google is pretty good.
Sounds like that's by design.

A few years back I accidentally signed up for Prime when I ordered something due to its layout. It wasn't until a couple of months later that I realised what I'd done. Very devious.
Alot are now catching on to charge extra and earn extra revenue, Youtube has loads more of them before and during watching something
On Youtube you can just use an Adblocker.

Back