RTG Prime Day Free Trial Offers/Trending Deals - Ends at Midnight

Google has better search results but for everything else Alexa wins hands down

The speech recognition is so much better. Constantly asking google to even wake up. Just have to whisper alexa and its on and ready. Google seems very clumsy and rarely does or finds what i ask it.

We have echo dots etc around the house and then a google thing in the kitchen. The google one is rubbish compared. Would get an alexa all day
Had the Echo's for about a year now. I still think they're totally shit.
The way they constantly nag you to upgrade, or buy stuff is horrible too.
Could somebody please direct me to what kind of whiskey is decent but not expensive (under £30) as I want to get my dad a bottle for his 80th.
Don't know my single malts from my blended or my Johnny walker from my Murray Walker......
Id ask on the whiskey thread mate, plenty of people will offer suggestions.
@look out piano just stumbled on this. Its one of my "under £30 favourites". Easy drinking and enjoyable, and only twenty quid!

Last edited:
Can anyone much more techy than I am see any good deals on laptops that would easily be able to play football manager? Got a works laptop so it wouldn't get much use, but naturally work don't allow games to be installed. Would be class for when I'm away for a couple of nights but most of the time laptops seem to struggle with FM

I've had a Ring video doorbell for a while. It paid for itself when it alerted me to someone in the drive at 1.30am. By the time I got into the porch he'd already tried my door, found it was locked and broken into my car. He was still sitting in it raking through the glove box etc. The footage from the doorbell secured his conviction and he's locked up now. I live alone (with the dogs) and it gives me a bit of confidence and security that no one will get near the house without me knowing. I'd say it's well worth having one.

Sounds canny, ordered one tonight. Do you need the subscription to get all the recordings in case you need to go back?

I've been looking at the Ring alarm systems as well which look canny, might until black Friday for one of those.

Sounds canny, ordered one tonight. Do you need the subscription to get all the recordings in case you need to go back?

I've been looking at the Ring alarm systems as well which look canny, might until black Friday for one of those.
I started off with the subscription, but let it lapse as if something happens I can download the video straight away and keep it on file. The police copied my video and held it for months while the case came to trial. It worked perfectly when it was shown in court apparently. I didn't need to go as he pleaded guilty as soon as they showed him the video. I think I still have it saved on my phone as well. It's so good that I'm thinking of getting one for the back door, into the garden.
I looked at the alarm system but I'm not sure if it would overload my wifi.

I started off with the subscription, but let it lapse as if something happens I can download the video straight away and keep it on file. The police copied my video and held it for months while the case came to trial. It worked perfectly when it was shown in court apparently. I didn't need to go as he pleaded guilty as soon as they showed him the video. I think I still have it saved on my phone as well. It's so good that I'm thinking of getting one for the back door, into the garden.

Cheers, that's a good idea, get one for the back of the house as a motion sensor/camera as well.

The speech recognition is so much better. Constantly asking google to even wake up. Just have to whisper alexa and its on and ready. Google seems very clumsy and rarely does or finds what i ask it.
And she whispers back too 😍

I've a google one and the amount of times it appears to find the right song on spotify only to play something completely different. Never had an issue with Alexa. Much better.

Can't see why it would. I have it along with some indoor cameras and it's a breeze to set up and operate.

Had the Echo's for about a year now. I still think they're totally shit.
The way they constantly nag you to upgrade, or buy stuff is horrible too.

Id ask on the whiskey thread mate, plenty of people will offer suggestions.
@look out piano just stumbled on this. Its one of my "under £30 favourites". Easy drinking and enjoyable, and only twenty quid!
Ah strange. Ours never ask any of that. You will be able to switch that off no doubt

Ah strange. Ours never ask any of that. You will be able to switch that off no doubt
We don't pay for the music, and so every time we ask to play anything it just goes off tangent within about 2 songs. Even though we have Prime music on the same account, not only will it not play an album on shuffle, which it should as I can literally do that on the Amazon Music app on my phone and bluetooth it to the speaker - but even if you say "play songs by queen", you get 2 MAYBE 3 if you're lucky before it goes off onto various other bands and rarely even playing another queen song.

A couple of days ago it started blurting out that things on the missus' list were now cheaper and do we want to buy it now.

All that stuff can't be turned off afaik.

We have echo dots etc around the house and then a google thing in the kitchen. The google one is rubbish compared. Would get an alexa all day

I was after either an Amazon Show or a Google Nest hub. The Amazon Show is quite small and just isn't as nice looking and Google uses YouTube Music. I'm not too keen on the Amazon Shows UI as well. What Im going to do though is get a Google Pixel tablet and the magnetic speaker stand instead as I dont like that the screen Show or Nest Hub has to be kept where it is due to not being USB powered.

Also, late last night bought Kraken spiced rum, an electric toothbrush and 24 tins of Mutti finely chopped tomatoes that someone mention on here! Great day's shopping.
The lecky toothbrush I wanted was about the only one they didn't have on :(

What you get?

I'm after the IO 6 or whatever its called. Last of the inductive charging range, so don't need to have another charger out on the counter (the bairns have one each that use that charger type)

Back