Preston away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sense another Barnsley. Their fans and players will be well up for this game and our shower, have no character to resist against a team like that. They have no shame, despite the thousands of fans who will be there, in spite of all evidence delivered so far.

It's a crying shame
Hope not. I've just posted on the other thread, it's the bairns 15th ground and she's yet to see us win away. She's either going to end up thick skinned, or have to learn to put a brave face on.

It was a really grim day, that. My mates all started fighting on the minibus on the way back and the bus overheated a Kirkby Steven, half of us went to a local boozer and the rest started on the bus as were at loggerheads.

It was shit, I got hit by a copper with his truncheon during the bother downstairs because I had nowhere to go. As soon as their third went in I ran downstairs, got to the bar and ordered four pints for myself and a couple of mates. I paid just as it kicked off and found myself caught between our fuckers wanting to fight the police and the police themselves whilst trying not to spill four pints, one being held in my teeth biting on the plastic pint pot and juggling with the other three. A young ball bag copper was shouting MOVE MOVE to me but I had absolutely nowhere to go, plastic bottles started flying at the coppers and that was it, the coppers charged at the Sunderland lot and this prick of a copper whacked me on the legs and it f***ing hurt. I wouldn't have minded but I worked for SOCA at the time. I had the last laugh though because what wasn't spilled I drank because my mates couldn't get down on to the concourse so i sat on the floor drinking watching them lift about ten mackems.

It was shit, I got hit by a copper with his truncheon during the bother downstairs because I had nowhere to go. As soon as their third went in I ran downstairs, got to the bar and ordered four pints for myself and a couple of mates. I paid just as it kicked off and found myself caught between our fuckers wanting to fight the police and the police themselves whilst trying not to spill four pints, one being held in my teeth biting on the plastic pint pot and juggling with the other three. A young ball bag copper was shouting MOVE MOVE to me but I had absolutely nowhere to go, plastic bottles started flying at the coppers and that was it, the coppers charged at the Sunderland lot and this prick of a copper whacked me on the legs and it f***ing hurt. I wouldn't have minded but I worked for SOCA at the time. I had the last laugh though because what wasn't spilled I drank because my mates couldn't get down on to the concourse so i sat on the floor drinking watching them lift about ten mackems.

I can remember the half time carry on mate. There seemed an edge around all day. We were going back to the minibus, parked at that supermarket just up the road when a load of Asian lads started giving these 2 Sunderland lasses a load of grief. We piped up and all of a sudden there was f***ing loads of them. Was just about to right royally kick off when the bus driver said he was off and anyone not getting straight on the bus was being left behind. We then saw the player's coach going past us, coming out of Preston, which further got people's backs up, leading to the hell on aboard. Broken noses and teeth knocked out were the result. An all round awful day.

Last time we were there we were 3-0 down at half time and there was absolute hell on when one of our lot decided that the bar staff were being too slow so pushed the cash till on to the floor, the kids behind the bar then pulled the shutters down and the riot police decided to wade in.........2nd half wasn't much better either.
2006? I was there that day too. Keane had been at the club about 6 weeks and was beginning to turn things round. We had a branch meeting the night before at Edgeley Park when Niall Quinn was a guest and did a Q and A session. Keane was supposed to be there but couldn't make it last minute. It was my birthday the day before and I got absolutely bladdered at the branch meeting and basically carried on the next day. Everyone seemed to be pissed, I remember quite a few getting turned away at the turnstiles because of the state they were in, I'm surprised they let me in. More of the same this Saturday?

2006? I was there that day too. Keane had been at the club about 6 weeks and was beginning to turn things round. We had a branch meeting the night before at Edgeley Park when Niall Quinn was a guest and did a Q and A session. Keane was supposed to be there but couldn't make it last minute. It was my birthday the day before and I got absolutely bladdered at the branch meeting and basically carried on the next day. Everyone seemed to be pissed, I remember quite a few getting turned away at the turnstiles because of the state they were in, I'm surprised they let me in. More of the same this Saturday?

Haha I have a 12 month old daughter now mate so my drinking stamina is now pretty non existent, definitely up for a few though as pass-out's are a rare occurrence these days. I'm getting the 10:03 from Hazel Grove and meeting Deano on the train as he gets on at Stockport around 10:10 I think?

1st away game of the season for me. Digs back in Manchester.

They haven't like. 500 of us at Everton tonight and 2000 at Preston. Hardly throwing in the towel

Tonight will be the 4th away game already this season where we've only taken a 3 figure support with us. Not being biased here but I'd say we have probably the 6th or 7th best away following in the country which I'm sure most neutrals would agree with so it's quite alarming that numbers have dropped off so much.

After the last couple of relegations our home crowds dropped to 25k so the home crowds this season haven't surprised me but I remember back then we were still taking huge numbers away with us.

preston central travelodge is about 15 mins walk from ground and has quite a few canny boozers on route, used to be a good hotel for £30 rooms stayed a few times

if i wasnt at work this weekend this is what id be doing
If you dont mind roughing it and cheap, the travel lodge is ok. But if you dont wanna be in a shit area then avoid. Whilst its cheap, its the furthest away from the bars etc of the premier inn and holiday inn etc.

I used to work in the office next to it a lot and the saying was there were "pros and cons" to that street

Pros cos its the red light district, cons cos the prison is next door:lol:

Haha I have a 12 month old daughter now mate so my drinking stamina is now pretty non existent, definitely up for a few though as pass-out's are a rare occurrence these days. I'm getting the 10:03 from Hazel Grove and meeting Deano on the train as he gets on at Stockport around 10:10 I think?
make the most of your passout ;)
i got a cheap ticket early on. It's supposed to be on the named train only. I'm on 10.37 from Stockport, then 11.23 from Victoria. Rex, Alex and his Dad will also be on the 11.23. We'll meet up with you in Preston if you're a bit in front of us. Any idea where you're going in Preston? The away fans guide says avoid the town centre as it's heavily policed and town centre pubs will not serve away fans :eek:

make the most of your passout ;)
i got a cheap ticket early on. It's supposed to be on the named train only. I'm on 10.37 from Stockport, then 11.23 from Victoria. Rex, Alex and his Dad will also be on the 11.23. We'll meet up with you in Preston if you're a bit in front of us. Any idea where you're going in Preston? The away fans guide says avoid the town centre as it's heavily policed and town centre pubs will not serve away fans :eek:
I'm in at 10.35 so Wethers brekkie won't be an issue at that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back