Preston away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decision made. We'll be in the Black Horse on Friargate from 12.30. Its a Robinsons pub but does extra guest ales, like The Bakers Vaults in the marketplace, but the big pull is that it has a mosaic floor, just the job. There's plenty others nearby if we want to move on. Let me know if you're nearby and we'll try and meet up
Lush auld pub that. Proper old school

Will be on bus, so going straight to ground. Although the Sumners looks like the only pub nearby, was reading there are a couple of clubs which let away fans in, St Gregory's Catholic Club and Deepdale Labour Club, both about same walking distance as Sumners.

Decision made. We'll be in the Black Horse on Friargate from 12.30. Its a Robinsons pub but does extra guest ales, like The Bakers Vaults in the marketplace, but the big pull is that it has a mosaic floor, just the job. There's plenty others nearby if we want to move on. Let me know if you're nearby and we'll try and meet up

Excellent mate, i'll get that suggested and meet you there. Probably around the same time

Have a safe journey down , and some proper decent boozers mentioned that will more than welcome you in Preston , St Gregorys near the ground is a nice social club and away fans are more than welcome , being reading on here for a few days and really sad to see a club of your stature in the mess it appears to be in , you may not have hit rock bottom yet but well supported clubs with a history like yours always bounce back , in the interim period the fans suffer ( and boy have we - no top flight since 1961 but have never been in safer hands with the current owner and the wage cap / structure of signing players ) , Grayson will no doubt at all turn your ship around , it may not be pretty football and you may want to fall asleep watching it but he will steady the ship given time and progress you as a club if the 3/4 years spent at Preston is anything to go by , I do understand the size of your club and all that carries but do think Grayson has enough about him to handle that ( although I accept so far your performances appear to have been pretty poor and I'm shocked to see you 23rd even though its very early yet )

Will be great to see your large support at Deepdale tommorrow and whilst all clubs have some proper bell end fans , I think most of us are looking forward to seeing you at Preston tommorrow and we are the kings of producing a surprise result based on form and would not be at all surprised to see an away win tommorrow despite us playing the best football I have seen in years , we are mobile , young team , energetic and can play a bit but this is football and Grayson was the master of the 1-0 / 1-1 away draw in his time and Im sure will be keen to get one over on his old team tommorrow..

Have a safe trip , hope your season improves and see you at the Stadium of Light later in the season

Mortis

Last edited:
Have a safe journey down , and some proper decent boozers mentioned that will more than welcome you in Preston , St Gregorys near the ground is a nice social club and away fans are more than welcome , being reading on here for a few days and really sad to see a club of your stature in the mess it appears to be in , you may not have hit rock bottom yet but well supported clubs with a history like yours always bounce back , in the interim period the fans suffer ( and boy have we - no top flight since 1961 but have never been in safer hands with the current owner and the wage cap / structure of signing players ) , Grayson will no doubt at all turn your ship around , it may not be pretty football and you may want to fall asleep watching it but he will steady the ship given time and progress you as a club if the 3/4 years spent at Preston is anything to go by , I do understand the size of your club and all that carries but do think Grayson has enough about him to handle that ( although I accept so far your performances appear to have been pretty poor and I'm shocked to see you 23rd even though its very early yet )

Will be great to see your large support at Deepdale tommorrow and whilst all clubs have some proper bell end fans , I think most of us are looking forward to seeing you at Preston tommorrow and we are the kings of producing a surprise result based on form and would not be at all surprised to see an away win tommorrow despite us playing the best football I have seen in years , we are mobile , young team , energetic and can play a bit but this is football and Grayson was the master of the 1-0 / 1-1 away draw in his time and Im sure will be keen to get one over on his old team tommorrow..

Have a safe trip , hope your season improves and see you at the Stadium of Light later in the season

Mortis
Cheers mate, will give St Gregorys club a try

We have the full end apparently which makes you wonder why they didn’t just give us the full allocation. The cash turnstiles are for the other half of the stand that we weren’t initially given. Might as well be unreserved seating like it ended up being at Everton

We have the full end apparently which makes you wonder why they didn’t just give us the full allocation. The cash turnstiles are for the other half of the stand that we weren’t initially given. Might as well be unreserved seating like it ended up being at Everton
may be something to do with the amount of stewards they need and the amount of bars open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back