Preston away

Status
Not open for further replies.

make the most of your passout ;)
i got a cheap ticket early on. It's supposed to be on the named train only. I'm on 10.37 from Stockport, then 11.23 from Victoria. Rex, Alex and his Dad will also be on the 11.23. We'll meet up with you in Preston if you're a bit in front of us. Any idea where you're going in Preston? The away fans guide says avoid the town centre as it's heavily policed and town centre pubs will not serve away fans :eek:[/es QUOTE]
Hi pal, I live in Preston and away pubs are usually vic and station and railway , but plenty of pubs on route to ground, walk straight up Main Street from station (fishergate) 10 mins or so then there is Yates, Hogarts and twelve tellers (whetherspoons) and a few more pubs around this area, it's usually well policed but no problem with away fans drinking in town center, loads of pubs in Preston.

i got a cheap ticket early on. It's supposed to be on the named train only. I'm on 10.37 from Stockport, then 11.23 from Victoria. Rex, Alex and his Dad will also be on the 11.23. We'll meet up with you in Preston if you're a bit in front of us. Any idea where you're going in Preston? The away fans guide says avoid the town centre as it's heavily policed and town centre pubs will not serve away fans :eek:

That's interesting about the pubs, we are meeting a lad I work with who's a Preston fan so I'll ask him what the deal is and keep you in the loop

That's interesting about the pubs, we are meeting a lad I work with who's a Preston fan so I'll ask him what the deal is and keep you in the loop
Cheers mate. I've got a few tickets to give out. Ive just said I'll meet you pre match for a pint. So any advice where I can meet a few people without getting chucked out will be great

i got a cheap ticket early on. It's supposed to be on the named train only. I'm on 10.37 from Stockport, then 11.23 from Victoria. Rex, Alex and his Dad will also be on the 11.23. We'll meet up with you in Preston if you're a bit in front of us. Any idea where you're going in Preston? The away fans guide says avoid the town centre as it's heavily policed and town centre pubs will not serve away fans :eek:
Does it!? Wow. I'm not going but I know Preston really well as I used to work one week a month there and I've advised the lads where to go in centre. But I've never been there on a home match day. Maybe I need to let them know.:lol:

I'm surprised though, it's always been quite a laid back drinking experience to me

Cheers mate. I've got a few tickets to give out. Ive just said I'll meet you pre match for a pint. So any advice where I can meet a few people without getting chucked out will be great

My mate reckons the best place for away fans is a pub called The Sumners

https://www.greenekingpubs.co.uk/sumners-fulwood

Apparently the old traditional away fans pub has now been turned into an Alice in Wonderland 'Gin Bar' which I personally quite like the sound of but can't see it being the pub of choice with the majority of Mackems :lol:

He's also suggested posting on http://www.pne-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?7-PNE-Discussions and they will be quite accommodating with advice.

My mate reckons the best place for away fans is a pub called The Sumners

https://www.greenekingpubs.co.uk/sumners-fulwood

Apparently the old traditional away fans pub has now been turned into an Alice in Wonderland 'Gin Bar' which I personally quite like the sound of but can't see it being the pub of choice with the majority of Mackems :lol:

He's also suggested posting on http://www.pne-online.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?7-PNE-Discussions and they will be quite accommodating with advice.
Good shout that mate. Never been in it myself but it's much closer to the ground than city centre

Initial allocation sold out and Preston have given us an additional 400 to sell according to Chris Waters.

Also confirmed on Preston's site that you can pay on the day at the away turnstile.

Just been on the phone to ticket office. Defiantly pay on the day for away tickets. We looking at 3000+ there?

Decision made. We'll be in the Black Horse on Friargate from 12.30. Its a Robinsons pub but does extra guest ales, like The Bakers Vaults in the marketplace, but the big pull is that it has a mosaic floor, just the job. There's plenty others nearby if we want to move on. Let me know if you're nearby and we'll try and meet up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back