Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Had it terribly in both Achilles. Trained through with light weight, tried resistance band work, and other physio movements, but the only thing that fixed it was complete rest over a matter of months not weeks :(

Thanks - liked your comment but wasn't happy about it. Not the news I wanted to hear! One of those where I'm wondering whether to cut training now whilst it isn't too sore and hope it subsides more quickly, or do what it feels up to and see if it gets worse...

Does anyone else tighten up to the point of failure when going for new on flat bench? I get apprehensive and tight hamstring normally goes starts as soon as I load the extra plates

Not normally.

Occasionally get some elbow pain and lower back pain when settling into an arch but it normally goes away as I warm up.

I see he's now toing to be doing it from his own gym given the restrictions.

Completely deligitimises it unfortunately.

They're doing a series of them across May now - Tom Stoltman for the stone record, Luke attempting the log lift, Novikov on the giant dumbbell (not Kieliszkowski?!?). I think if he does the 501kg in his own gym he'll repeat it at the next competition to ratify it.

Unless he's too busy training to fight Eddie Hall...

Still, going to be something to watch across the weekends in May whilst all of the competitions are delayed!

Thor and Eddie managing to be babies on social media recently, of course the cynical side would suggest they'll have a fight soon and make a few quid in the process.

It would be like watching two fat pissheads fight outside spoons, is going to happen though isn't it.

Meant to be announced any day now. No idea why Thor would involve himself to be honest - in his prime, a baby on the way and Eddie, for all his achievement in 2017 was amazing, is larglely irrelevant to the sport nowadays, other than being a presenter and personality...

Left arm seems to considerably weaker when I bench than my right.

Really starting to notice as my lifts get heavier. Looked on few forums who suggest training my left arm only with a dumbbell. Is this good advice or should my left arm become stronger more I lift?

Anyone got any opinions of squat variety? I've been doing some pin squats from below parallel which have been very hard but I'm actually getting to the point it's almost as strong as my actual squat which suggests it's not having enough carryover to my low bar squat, need to develop a faster stretch reflex before I compete again which might not be for a while.

Anyone got any opinions of squat variety? I've been doing some pin squats from below parallel which have been very hard but I'm actually getting to the point it's almost as strong as my actual squat which suggests it's not having enough carryover to my low bar squat, need to develop a faster stretch reflex before I compete again which might not be for a while.
As I don’t have much weight at home, I’ve just been having a long pause at the bottom of my squat
Nee idea if it’s beneficial or not, causes some gip walking downstairs after

Left arm seems to considerably weaker when I bench than my right.

Really starting to notice as my lifts get heavier. Looked on few forums who suggest training my left arm only with a dumbbell. Is this good advice or should my left arm become stronger more I lift?
Yeah it can help, you could just add a bit more volume to your weaker side

Back