Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Just sort of realising how much stronger I could be if I packed in drinking so much. Had a heavy few weeks due to various Christmas events and my lifts have taken a hit.

A few days off and I seem to be loads stronger :lol:

Just sort of realising how much stronger I could be if I packed in drinking so much. Had a heavy few weeks due to various Christmas events and my lifts have taken a hit.

A few days off and I seem to be loads stronger :lol:
Basically poison isn't it, not saying it's not fun like lol

I've got a ground strain playing football which was my last game before me comp sods law or what, hopefully just a week or 2 off will let it heal enough to train

@Titus I'm gonna be competing without wraps mainly as that's how I've trained but is now the time to invest in some Adidas powerlifting shoes or what, I have cheap lifting shoes which do help my lifts but 3 months out I'd like to give myself every chance of doing well so do you think they're worth the money?

Last edited:
Basically poison isn't it, not saying it's not fun like lol

I've got a ground strain playing football which was my last game before me comp sods law or what, hopefully just a week or 2 off will let it heal enough to train

@Titus I'm gonna be competing without wraps mainly as that's how I've trained but is now the time to invest in some Adidas powerlifting shoes or what, I have cheap lifting shoes which do help my lifts but 3 months out I'd like to give myself every chance of doing well so do you think they're worth the money?

I've had the same pair since 2014 iirc and I wear them for every session, so durability wise definitely.

I started by just using them for back off sets until I was used to them and had decided I would be stronger wearing them for my main work

I've had the same pair since 2014 iirc and I wear them for every session, so durability wise definitely.

I started by just using them for back off sets until I was used to them and had decided I would be stronger wearing them for my main work
Which ones cause there's a few different price points on them, price not really an issue if they add stability and stuff

Me new Adidas powerlifts came today, got a sneaky suspicion I'm gonna break the world record when the gym opens again.

They're blue and sexy as fuck like, also got a slingshot for overloading bench and some wrist wraps to overload deadlift for reps see if I can tax my CNS this month.

Me new Adidas powerlifts came today, got a sneaky suspicion I'm gonna break the world record when the gym opens again.

They're blue and sexy as fuck like, also got a slingshot for overloading bench and some wrist wraps to overload deadlift for reps see if I can tax my CNS this month.

Wrist wraps for deadlifts? You mean straps?

I have the blue and white powerlifts like. Shoe friends :lol:

Back