Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

What you eating?
nothing out of the ordinary, just portion controlled.

Yesterday was
breakfast - scrambled egg and cheese in a wrap
lunch - bagel with pastrami, mozzerella, sun dried tomatoes. Mango
tea - chicken and leek pie

today is
cornflakes
paella ready meal
doing toad in the hole tonight

Last edited:
nothing out of the ordinary, just portion controlled.

Yesterday was
breakfast - scrambled egg and cheese in a wrap
lunch - bagel with pastrami, mozzerella, sun dried tomatoes. Mango
tea - chicken and leek pie

today is
cornflakes
paella ready meal
doing toad in the hole tonight
Sounds pretty good like :lol: I'm not counting either but I just don't really eat an awful lot. Try to get extra calories in with full fat milk and butter etc, plenty of nuts.

My piriformis on the right hand side is fucked and I can barely squat or deadlift.

Literally screaming my way through beltless sets of 150kg x 7 on the safety bar. Had hoped to go quite a bit higher for my ‘hypertrophy’ day.

Any tips for dealing with the pain?
I have sciatica which as well as my lower back, quads, hamstrings and now knees (side effect) gives me terrible pain in my right piriformis also.

I am going through the NHS at the minute and the codeine helps, but I have found that the stretching routine for hip and lower back by "hasfit" on YouTube has helped me quite a bit. If your back is fine then just do the hip ones

I've never done weights before but I've joined a proper gym and did my first maximum one repetition tonight.

I managed 30kg on a bench press and 85kg on a deadlift. I'm astounded as I didn't think I'd be able to lift that much. I don't know if that is any good but I'm git buzzing about it :D

I'm doing a "strong and sexy in six weeks" course and have to repeat it in six weeks to see how much more I can do.

I've never done weights before but I've joined a proper gym and did my first maximum one repetition tonight.

I managed 30kg on a bench press and 85kg on a deadlift. I'm astounded as I didn't think I'd be able to lift that much. I don't know if that is any good but I'm git buzzing about it :D

I'm doing a "strong and sexy in six weeks" course and have to repeat it in six weeks to see how much more I can do.
I'm impressed if that's the first ever time you've done it. Mind, gan canny because you could really hurt yourself going heavy if they aren't advising you properly and keeping your form right.

That didn't sound as patronising when I thought about my reply :lol:

I'm impressed if that's the first ever time you've done it. Mind, gan canny because you could really hurt yourself going heavy if they aren't advising you properly and keeping your form right.

That didn't sound as patronising when I thought about my reply :lol:

Ah no, it sounded caring not patronising :)

The bloke did it slowly a few times first and talked through his body position and all that as he did it. We started at 50kg and he talked me through it in baby steps the first time. Then he kept adding more and more weight to see how high we could go. I came second as another woman (who has done it before) got to 90kg.

I was always the fat kid that was left till last when picking PE teams. It felt awesome still being in and the others were all cheering me on :D

Ah no, it sounded caring not patronising :)

The bloke did it slowly a few times first and talked through his body position and all that as he did it. We started at 50kg and he talked me through it in baby steps the first time. Then he kept adding more and more weight to see how high we could go. I came second as another woman (who has done it before) got to 90kg.

I was always the fat kid that was left till last when picking PE teams. It felt awesome still being in and the others were all cheering me on :D
It's brilliant Bec, well done!

really good that Becs, putting @Lewberry pie to shame already

Back