Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
First time back in the gym last night for about 5 month. Bit sore today

I've not been doing a great deal what with finishing off the thesis and looking for jobs. Handing in today or tomorrow and not found a job yet so looking forward to the leisure to basically veg around, eat loads of food and train 5 days a week.

Literally everyone I know is questioning my sanity in trying to find gainful employment straight away so I may as well listen to them...

I've not been doing a great deal what with finishing off the thesis and looking for jobs. Handing in today or tomorrow and not found a job yet so looking forward to the leisure to basically veg around, eat loads of food and train 5 days a week.

Literally everyone I know is questioning my sanity in trying to find gainful employment straight away so I may as well listen to them...
I haven't had that excuse, I'm just a lazy twat!

Flexibility was still there thankfully, didn't even attempt anything remotely heavy, just learning patterns again. Think I went up to a massive 80kg squat

Well that's me not training for a bit. Stupidly had a drunken race with my step brother on Saturday night. Of course I went arse over tit and have grazed all the skin off my right hand - can't grip a barbell currently :lol:

What's going on like? Or is this deliberate?

AIDS.

Nah, deliberate. Getting lean enough to bulk to 105 ish and then water cut to 100. Last meet was at 100kg and although I fucked up prior to meet day, my strength was very, very close to where I was previously at a lot higher bodyweight, which I was happy with after about 8 weeks to prep.

AIDS.

Nah, deliberate. Getting lean enough to bulk to 105 ish and then water cut to 100. Last meet was at 100kg and although I fucked up prior to meet day, my strength was very, very close to where I was previously at a lot higher bodyweight, which I was happy with after about 8 weeks to prep.
What you lifting now like?

Attached my heart rate monitor for a gym session. 1120 cals burned in 1h 09min
Lifting or lasses stuff?

What you lifting now like?

Last prep I doubled 290 and my last deload was 275 paused. Bench was up to around 170 and deadlift I did an easy set of five with 250 i think it was with sumo. Right now I'm off season so just variations and everything Beltless

Could you incorporate wide-stance box squats into your routine? With a fair amount of frequency, and obviously a lot of intensity?

I've got a herniated disc mate so am avoiding anything barbell related which I know goes against normal advice for growth.

Basically doing everything but such as KB squats, leg press (plates), KB swings, various single leg machine leg press variations to target ham & glut, lunges etc.

The one I haven't tried is barbell thrusts.

I've got a herniated disc mate so am avoiding anything barbell related which I know goes against normal advice for growth.

Basically doing everything but such as KB squats, leg press (plates), KB swings, various single leg machine leg press variations to target ham & glut, lunges etc.

The one I haven't tried is barbell thrusts.

Weighted GH raises?

Back