Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

You multiply your 'total' by a number called the Wilks coefficient which is determined by your gender and bodyweight.

You can't argue with science iirc mate.
It depends on the science, I've worked out that I've lifted more times my bodyweight than you ;) I think the wilks obviously takes into account diminishing returns so weights its scores slightly to the fatter ERM I mean heavier lifters.

I think you mean taller.
We would both win the north east gbdfp feds if we'd compted in July, we should do the next meet if you get your arse in hear again and fight it out for best wilks score which I'll obviously win but you'll win you weight class if you did your best lifts, its not a particularly high level but their website does claim to be the best drug free fed......

We would both win the north east gbdfp feds if we'd compted in July, we should do the next meet if you get your arse in hear again and fight it out for best wilks score which I'll obviously win but you'll win you weight class if you did your best lifts, its not a particularly high level but their website does claim to be the best drug free fed......

I don't live in the North East like so it's canny inconvenient :lol:

How's it been?

Followed my usual protocol but with a shorter water cut off as I didn't have much to lose, but after a few hours it just stopped coming off. Was half a stone over at midnight. Usually my mouth is very dry the night before weigh ins but it just wasn't at all. I felt drained energy wise but not the same as I usually do. I wonder if it's to do with cortisol from a very stressful few months holding on to water. It got to 1am and I was seriously contemplating pigging out and just accepting it wasn't going to happen.

Followed my usual protocol but with a shorter water cut off as I didn't have much to lose, but after a few hours it just stopped coming off. Was half a stone over at midnight. Usually my mouth is very dry the night before weigh ins but it just wasn't at all. I felt drained energy wise but not the same as I usually do. I wonder if it's to do with cortisol from a very stressful few months holding on to water. It got to 1am and I was seriously contemplating pigging out and just accepting it wasn't going to happen.
How much can you normal drop with water weight before a comp like?

Looks like my recent terrible squatting is more down to a lapse in form and not correcting it. The strength is still (largely) there but I was just letting the bar loll around on my back and not engaging my hips at all, basically. The warning sign should have been the wrist pain I was getting, with the bar dragging them backwards rather than me having it properly locked in place.

Back