Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Lads, any tips for putting size on hamstrings in terms of training frequency etc? Without deads too.

If you are avoiding spinal loading then try tying a band to something study like a power rack. Lie on the floor in front of it, so the band is behind your head (but higher up) and raise your leg up and put the band around the arch of your foot. Drive your heel down to the floor. Like a SLDL/GM minus the shear forces on the vertebrae.

If you are avoiding spinal loading then try tying a band to something study like a power rack. Lie on the floor in front of it, so the band is behind your head (but higher up) and raise your leg up and put the band around the arch of your foot. Drive your heel down to the floor. Like a SLDL/GM minus the shear forces on the vertebrae.

Cheers mate, any YouTube video links before I go and do it upside down or something? :lol:

Yeah been doing that mate, do them one legged too. We've got one with a gap so I can actually put the other leg through the bottom for a greater range of motion.

face one side of a cable crossover machine grip handle with both hands clamp it behind your neck and bend from the waist aiming to hit your shins with your elbows,basically stiff legged deadlifts without the stress on your back

I'll have a scour about mate thanks. What type of frequency you think I should target them? Three times a week, twice a week?

I'll send you a video via snapchat (lost all phone contacts when I lost my phone a few weeks back)... Aye, cue loads of comments about sending a video via snapchat :lol:

Frequency will depend on individual responses really mate. I'd say since you aren't doing compound movements and your nervous system fatigue is going to be low, you could honestly do them every day if they're that much of a weak are. I'd say start with one day more per week than you currently are, maintaining the volume on the days you already hit hamstrings and both volume and frequency can be built up like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knocked oly lifting on the head, just this week have gone back to bill starrs big three, all the overhead stuff was wrecking my shoulders and keeping me out of the gym too much.

Apparently France are a bit behind on the whole weight training thing. Got here on Monday and had to travel over an hour to get to a gym which only accepted 3 months memberships as a minimum (however offered one trial session, so went back the next day at a different time and got it again from a different staff member).

FFS! Collars on the Smith machine again.
:lol: Must be somebody thinking they're funny?

Not being an active poster on here recently but have kept up the training every week / most days, currently at my lowest weight since I started weight training as I reduce as much body fat as possible, but maintaining a strength level that I'm happy with. I've enjoyed learning a lot more about my body through nutrition with such a consistent focus on body weight

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good PPL routine that'll only require a rack, barbell and bench? I've bought a rack for home use but I'm used to doing a 4/5 day bodybuilding split. My rack also has a pull down and pull-up

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good PPL routine that'll only require a rack, barbell and bench? I've bought a rack for home use but I'm used to doing a 4/5 day bodybuilding split. My rack also has a pull down and pull-up
Ripptoe - starting strength or 5x5 routine both only need those, I use a gym but only in the last year out of 6 have I used anything other than a rack a barbell and a bench.

Ripptoe - starting strength or 5x5 routine both only need those, I use a gym but only in the last year out of 6 have I used anything other than a rack a barbell and a bench.

Yea I've looked at those but I don't think the volume is high enough that why I was thinking push,pull,legs,rest,push,pull,legs but can't seem to find many programs

Back