Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Yea I've looked at those but I don't think the volume is high enough that why I was thinking push,pull,legs,rest,push,pull,legs but can't seem to find many programs

From memory you were/are relatively advanced?

The volume used in 5x5 programmes is plenty tbh, as long as you're working at a high enough intensity.

From memory you were/are relatively advanced?

The volume used in 5x5 programmes is plenty tbh, as long as you're working at a high enough intensity.

I've been training along time not sure about advanced. But yea training about 8 years but now have a rack at home so need to ditch the body building routines

I've been training along time not sure about advanced. But yea training about 8 years but now have a rack at home so need to ditch the body building routines

If you've got two leg days and you want volume use cluster sets on one of the days. So for example if you were doing a BBuilding routine and we're doing 3x10 for example, flip it round and do 10 sets of 3 at 80% max weight and minimise rest times between sets to 30-60 seconds.

If you've got two leg days and you want volume use cluster sets on one of the days. So for example if you were doing a BBuilding routine and we're doing 3x10 for example, flip it round and do 10 sets of 3 at 80% max weight and minimise rest times between sets to 30-60 seconds.

That's quite cool actually I might give that a go, its great being able to train at home especially in January.

Down 8lbs for 2017, my strength is good but my last workout I did notice it had dipped slightly. Low body fat is the project :) Just about to head out to gym now.

Also, has anybody else got some crossfitter im their social media feed? Fuck me how annoying!?

Down 8lbs for 2017, my strength is good but my last workout I did notice it had dipped slightly. Low body fat is the project :) Just about to head out to gym now.

Also, has anybody else got some crossfitter im their social media feed? Fuck me how annoying!?

I've got two. It's a cult. :lol:

Benched for the first time in two months after a back injury yesterday morning, totally unplanned but worked up to a BW 90kg single.

Was very pleased, gotta take these small victories where you can get them. Didn't feel the need to post it on IG however. ;)

Weighed in at 99.5kg today. Annoyed with the weight cut but will post more after the meet.

Openers, 285/160/272.5

Been on a full body training programme for a few months now and really making the progress I want with it all. Fitter and leaner than ever. However, I really want to push my deadlift on, currently just doing 100kg (and have been stuck there a while) but my aim is to crack 150kg by end of the year. Anyone recommend a good programme to focus on my deadlift. Was thinking of switching to GVT.

Been on a full body training programme for a few months now and really making the progress I want with it all. Fitter and leaner than ever. However, I really want to push my deadlift on, currently just doing 100kg (and have been stuck there a while) but my aim is to crack 150kg by end of the year. Anyone recommend a good programme to focus on my deadlift. Was thinking of switching to GVT.

I wouldn't recommend GVT style training for deadlift. Squat and bench, yeah alright, not deadlift.

My best progress on that lift came from lifting heavy around the 3 rep mark close to 90% of a training max once a week. With a light variation day thrown in (stiff legged, deficits or similar).

I wouldn't recommend GVT style training for deadlift. Squat and bench, yeah alright, not deadlift.

My best progress on that lift came from lifting heavy around the 3 rep mark close to 90% of a training max once a week. With a light variation day thrown in (stiff legged, deficits or similar).
Cheers marra. I did wonder about GVT for deadlift and the potential for injury. I'll give what you've mentioned a blast.

Cut down to 13st (82kg) on the nose and starting to notice the difference in body fat, managed to put up 110kg on the bench today (1R) which is 134% body weight - not sure how that measures up really, what do you guys think?

On strength level.com it says it's stronger than 62% of other submissions and if 101kg would be intermediate, 128kg is an "advanced" lifter. Not sure if strengthlevel.com is a reputable site though?

Back