Pool players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its no where near as easy as it looks and is a lot more difficult to control the white like you can on a english table.

Imo like
Totally agree, pockets might be a lot bigger but so are the balls and like you said way harder to control the white, much harder to do back spin so a lot more top is used.

I play A LOT of pool but personally never got into playing 9 ball, even though I love watching it when it is on TV.

If you go for a standard pub table most of them nowadays are 7x4ft but best to check it out first for dead cushions, terrible cloth and when you get home it'll need to be levelled out, no matter what table you get.

Also completely agree with @SAFC 2012 when he says you will be in for a shock with a 9 ball table. You won't be able to use a normal pool cue with the balls because you will get absolutely no action on the white ball so you will need to get a 9 ball cue with the massive tips if you get one of them. Also if you do go 9 ball I couldn't go for a watered down version by getting a reduced size table while keeping the bigger pockets, it would just seem too easy.

The only way that I see 9 ball in a better light is that learning the rules of normal pool is quite a bit more challenging if you don't know them already, although with blackball rules going to be the norm in pubs within the next couple of years it'll be a lot easier to learn than world rules.

If you want any more advice/help I'm more than willing to help.

Got a 6 x 3 one in my garage as the missus wanted to put a kitchen in my pool room :rolleyes: Canny getting the lads round and having a few beers with while whupping them. Me mate from work came over a few weeks ago giving it the biggun before and I beat him 25-3. He won't come over again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back