Pool players

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like both. Always wanted a house with a pool table, big projector for sports and a bar. Almost bought one the other day, but its not close to the good school - so that's that out of the f***ing window.

English commentary version I watched...
Alex and Jimmy were big underdogs against the supposed American experts.
Looks like they had great fun drinking and smoking their way to victory :lol::lol::lol:
Well worth a watch!

That's just f***ing hilarious!

Last edited:
tables are 8 feet are they not.. pockets bloody huge

you get tables here in 6 feet ( our traditional bar ones) 7 feet and 8 feet...9 ball pool is played on 7 or 8 feet ones but for some reason you do get 9 feet ones too which i was told was standard yet I've only seen them size ones in proper pool halls

Just ordered a nice 6ft bar style one for the garage

i do love 9 ball pool though think its a much better game

I am thinking like that,

but watching an old video of Alex and Jimmy beating the Americans has got me interested in American pool also now

if you've never played American pool the table will be too big and you'll not be very good at it unless you've played a canny bit of snooker, I like 9 ball better these days but have had quite of bit of practice over the last say 5 years, if it's just a bit of fun you want in your kip then 8 ball would probably the best, these tables are quality:

https://www.libertygames.co.uk/stor...2&co[63]=254&gclid=CPrV5fvw99ICFYQW0wodNWkBkg

I'd stick with an English one for home use, unless you've got more than enough space to accommodate a larger table.

I've got an English one in my garage and it's a bit tight on the sides but decent enough for practicing. Got mine off Ebay for a very good price, bloke has just had it re-felted and replaced the cushions but needed a quick sale as he was turning his gaff into a hotel.

My dream is to one day have a room big enough for a snooker table, been trying to convince wor lass to get one of those glorified sheds for the back garden :)

if you've never played American pool the table will be too big and you'll not be very good at it unless you've played a canny bit of snooker, I like 9 ball better these days but have had quite of bit of practice over the last say 5 years, if it's just a bit of fun you want in your kip then 8 ball would probably the best, these tables are quality:

https://www.libertygames.co.uk/store/pool_tables/slate-bed/windsor/?from=sectSpeedy&co[61]=248&co[62]=252&co[63]=254&gclid=CPrV5fvw99ICFYQW0wodNWkBkg
Looks nice that.

you've obviously not had a university education

If I had it would've been the very early 90's, pool rules I can remember from then.
Don't play much these days so have no idea what the correct rules regarding 2 shots, free table or where the fuck you can put the cue ball after a foul are.

Tend to just ask whoever I play what the rules are, more a big table player, a proper game.

If I had it would've been the very early 90's, pool rules I can remember from then.
Don't play much these days so have no idea what the correct rules regarding 2 shots, free table or where the fuck you can put the cue ball after a foul are.

Tend to just ask whoever I play what the rules are, more a big table player, a proper game.

got to get the rules straight at the start, especially if money is at stake ;)

English tables are by far the best and I would knar, gave @Charlestonian a good few spankings owa the pool table, smashing my balls in any hole I could see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back