Pompey up next - fond memories

Loads. The 4-1 at Fratton when I was sitting next to that smug twat Fred Dinenage was a particular highlight.

The 4-1 at Roker in 1993 anarl. What a weekend that was.

Did the OP ever play at Great Salterns? Pitches that were about 35 yards wide and about 70 yards long.

They had 2 men sent off.
Played at Great Salterns for my University side, there were 1, possibly 2 full sized pitches, the rest were suited to midget football. Fond memories of the Sailing Centre where the temperature never felt higher than -10 and it always blew an absolute gale.

Fanshawes was a great pub. Ideal for a few beers before 5th avenue. Good city pompey. Especially around southsea
Love Pompey marra, been going down there since I was a baby in arms, uncle ex Navy. Married a Pompey girl....didn't last long! Lived in Buckland, Cosham and North End. Local used to be The Clarence and Thatched House. Clarence was a f***ing great boozer but some reet dodgy lads used to get in there, same lot that used to drink in the Mother Shipton

Playing the nick from school to go see Sunderland -Pompey in March 1974 on a Tuesday afternoon because of the floodlight ban
It was Dennis Tueart's last game for us and he scored 2 of the goals - we won 3-0

Smallest crowd I can ever remember at Roker for a first team game - about 8 or 9000

Love Pompey marra, been going down there since I was a baby in arms, uncle ex Navy. Married a Pompey girl....didn't last long! Lived in Buckland, Cosham and North End. Local used to be The Clarence and Thatched House. Clarence was a f***ing great boozer but some reet dodgy lads used to get in there, same lot that used to drink in the Mother Shipton
Mother shipton is rough. The Clarence was a great pub. Dad was in the navy. Spent about 30 years around pompey. 47 years old. Both parents from easington. Obviously you follow your dads team. So proud to be a Sunderland fan. So jealous of everyone that can go every week.

Mother shipton is rough. The Clarence was a great pub. Dad was in the navy. Spent about 30 years around pompey. 47 years old. Both parents from easington. Obviously you follow your dads team. So proud to be a Sunderland fan. So jealous of everyone that can go every week.
Same here mate, in the Navy down Pompey then went to Australia for 11 years and really missed the games. Could watch every game live though from Melbourne but with the time changes, some games kicked off at 2am Oz time. Either watched the game pissed as a fart with one eye or tried not to find out the result and watch it later. Live in Easington Lane now

Same here mate, in the Navy down Pompey then went to Australia for 11 years and really missed the games. Could watch every game live though from Melbourne but with the time changes, some games kicked off at 2am Oz time. Either watched the game pissed as a fart with one eye or tried not to find out the result and watch it later. Live in Easington Lane now
Grandparents lived in James street and Byron street in easington.

Used to live 2 minute walk from there. Moved two weeks ago. Next to jolly sailor. Nice pub but a fiver a pint!
Jolly Sailor, another great pub. Used to be another one, about 200 yards from there, heading east. Massive boozer, right opposite the common. Pretty sure its not there now (may be flats) but cannot remember its name. You remember the Horseshoe, Festing and in the city, Mighty Fine, Park Tavern, Mucky Duck and many more

Jolly Sailor, another great pub. Used to be another one, about 200 yards from there, heading east. Massive boozer, right opposite the common. Pretty sure its not there now (may be flats) but cannot remember its name. You remember the Horseshoe, Festing and in the city, Mighty Fine, Park Tavern, Mucky Duck and many more
I can literally throw a stone against side of jolly sailor from my lounge. Not a cosy pub. Bit of a touristy pub. Remember mucky duck. Lived near the festing. Good city for random pubs

Loads. The 4-1 at Fratton when I was sitting next to that smug twat Fred Dinenage was a particular highlight.

The 4-1 at Roker in 1993 anarl. What a weekend that was.

Did the OP ever play at Great Salterns? Pitches that were about 35 yards wide and about 70 yards long.

They had 2 men sent off.

Paul Walsh was one remember him kicking the physios bucket on way off

Back