Pompey up next - fond memories

If Pompey don't go ahead by the 30th minute they normally lose. It's hard to see us keeping them out for that long though with our defence. Going behind early is our Achilles heel, Pompey's strong point is going ahead early. Don't write us off, 2-2 is my prediction.

Steve Bruce having 10 players in the box when they had a corner and were down to 10 men. :oops:
We got a corner they had two up top, broke away and scored.

74-75 lost 4-2 Arrived 8am after leaving from midnight as we did for the long haul games was plenty down their from s/land recall being in the bar IIRC was called Pompey had pictures of the team past and present all over which s/land started to rip off the walls and smash them.
Went in their end with little opposition as their lads were in the away end thinking we would be their. After the match all hell broke loose don't know why Police tried to stop us going a certain way but everyone just ran past them a mini riot took place people overturning cars windows smashed crazy I don't think any Pompey fans involved I don't recall why it happened

A quick glance at the league table after yesterday's results shows just how important a game this is, especially with Luton's form and our games in hand.
Absolutely massive game.

If Pompey don't go ahead by the 30th minute they normally lose. It's hard to see us keeping them out for that long though with our defence. Going behind early is our Achilles heel, Pompey's strong point is going ahead early.
I've noticed that, but it was encouraging to see Barnsley equalise yesterday.

Won 4-0 or 4–1 away under Buxton. We were absolutely shite around the time too so it was a total surprise. Probs about 4/500 of us there tops. Remember it was a bit edgy but I was hungover to fuck so it may have been beer fear :lol:

Used to live in Pompey, Telephone Road. Lovely house, moved to Kent now. One of the best pubs in Pompey was the Pickwick, so many shady characters in there! Also loved the Fawcett Inn, many a good band on and some ok beer. Last time I was in Pompey it had all become overpriced and somewhat gentrified near Albert road, lost a lot of the charm that made me reminisce about being back home.
Rings a Bell that mate

Used to live in Pompey, Telephone Road. Lovely house, moved to Kent now. One of the best pubs in Pompey was the Pickwick, so many shady characters in there! Also loved the Fawcett Inn, many a good band on and some ok beer. Last time I was in Pompey it had all become overpriced and somewhat gentrified near Albert road, lost a lot of the charm that made me reminisce about being back home.

Albert Road (and just off it) still has some cracking boozers like. Duke of Devonshire, The Phoenix, 5th Hants, The Lawrence, The Northcote are 5 off the top of me heed.

If Pompey don't go ahead by the 30th minute they normally lose. It's hard to see us keeping them out for that long though with our defence. Going behind early is our Achilles heel, Pompey's strong point is going ahead early. Don't write us off, 2-2 is my prediction.

fatha said he had some canny punch ups down there- not sure if football related

Massive massive game......Win and we are 2 points behind with 2 games in hand and surely odds on to win the league......Lose and they open up and 8 point lead all be it we still have 2 games in hand. Lets hope Flanagan is back and we can put out a fully fit starting 11.......Nice time to play them when they are having a little wobble, first wobble of the season really....If we beat them it could really get them doubting themselves.

It's a draw nailed on then.

Back