Pompey up next - fond memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davenports cross :) I was in the home end. Nightmare keeping quiet

PLAY UP POMPEY ..... they are dropping points whilst we grind win after win after win .... Not worried about the tin pot ***** at all

After the Meyler red card game the lads dropped me off at Heathrow for my flight back to Nice.

Everything was closed and my flight was 7.30 the next morning ...

.... possibly the worst night of my life :confused:
Would have been a taxi into Hounslow for me. Me Dad still has family there.

Based in Pompey for years and years, still love the place. Memories: Dick Malone scoring against them early 70's, tonking them 4-1 and shitloads of trouble, being in the Milton with my Pompey mates when they were playing the Mags and really winding the ***** up, signing Kevin Ball and having to ask me mates what he was like...…..answer, not very graceful but hard as fuck!

Based in Pompey for years and years, still love the place. Memories: Dick Malone scoring against them early 70's, tonking them 4-1 and shitloads of trouble, being in the Milton with my Pompey mates when they were playing the Mags and really winding the ***** up, signing Kevin Ball and having to ask me mates what he was like...…..answer, not very graceful but hard as fuck!
Saw the Mags there in '84 - sadly Pompey were hammered by Keegan, Waddle and Beardsley

Any busses gannin down that are going to stop for the night then head back. Would rather do that than drive. Got somewhere to stay for the night but would rather head back...….after a good swally though

Massive massive game......Win and we are 2 points behind with 2 games in hand and surely odds on to win the league......Lose and they open up and 8 point lead all be it we still have 2 games in hand. Lets hope Flanagan is back and we can put out a fully fit starting 11.......Nice time to play them when they are having a little wobble, first wobble of the season really....If we beat them it could really get them doubting themselves.

Loads. The 4-1 at Fratton when I was sitting next to that smug twat Fred Dinenage was a particular highlight.

The 4-1 at Roker in 1993 anarl. What a weekend that was.

Did the OP ever play at Great Salterns? Pitches that were about 35 yards wide and about 70 yards long.

They had 2 men sent off.
Great Salterns. Yes just looked it up and remember it. One of the few games I played for our first team who had won the first division the year before - nearly died, legs went after 30 minutes and crawled off the pitch at the end.

Live in southsea. Used to play at Farlington marshes for fanshawes & also northcote hotel. I remember the touchline being about 4ft from the penalty box. Terrible pitches. Next week is a must not lose especially as I work with a load of pompey fans.

I remember him with that hat and bell got his hat nicked off him outside the ground a few year ago.

Live in southsea. Used to play at Farlington marshes for fanshawes & also northcote hotel. I remember the touchline being about 4ft from the penalty box. Terrible pitches. Next week is a must not lose especially as I work with a load of pompey fans.
Fanshaws! Blast from the past and a great pub, now gone like most in that area...….including......Joanna's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back