Pompey allocated 2,000 for visit to SOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another season where away fans full of lads come and spoil the day for our families :rolleyes:
Football violence has always been present for those who look for it but what struck me last season is our innocent matchgoing fans, including women and kids, ended up getting embroiled in it which is unacceptable.

Football violence has always been present for those who look for it but what struck me last season is our innocent matchgoing fans, including women and kids, ended up getting embroiled in it which is unacceptable.

Our fan base has changed massively since we have been a premier league outfit, with the largest % of female season ticket holders in the country. The lower league followings are like throw backs to times when it was mainly lads. Its chalk and cheese. Can see plenty more of last seasons shenanigans happening.

What’s the story there mate?

Playoff semi, we restricted their allocation to 2000 I believe it was. Their owners and manager slagged us to high heaven in the media about this - baring in mind it was about a week after the Pompey home league game when they threw that flare - and were petty and reduced our allocation accordingly. They even mentioned it post match after the second leg, getting in a jab after their fan punched O'Nien and using it as justification. Giving it the big one about how they'd sell 5000 if we gave them it.Then failed to sell more than half of their allocation anyway, rendering it a moot point and making them look like tits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back