Pompey allocated 2,000 for visit to SOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

800-900 you'll bring up I reckon.

Coventry are getting 1500 tops for being an absolute set of bellends
May not matter if they dont want any more tickets, but if they do then will be a reach of EFL rules. How that is handled is anyones guess, as don't believe a club has refused minimum allocation before.

Bad idea. Reduce other fans allocations, and they’ll do the same to us.

Thankfully away fans will be back in the lower bowl from next season.

May not matter if they dont want any more tickets, but if they do then will be a reach of EFL rules. How that is handled is anyones guess, as don't believe a club has refused minimum allocation before.

You're allowed to do it if it's recommended by the local safety committee. That's what's happened with both you and Coventry. Coventry's allocation is reduced by more because they caused more disturbances both inside and outside the ground.

Restriction has been imposed by Sunderland Council who are responsible for issuing safety certificate for stadium, no restriction no certificate no visiting fans, not a lot efl can do about it what ever their rules say

Bad idea. Reduce other fans allocations, and they’ll do the same to us.

Thankfully away fans will be back in the lower bowl from next season.
Still don’t understand how relocating away fans would of stopped Coventry fans going on the rampage last season. They were hell bent on causing trouble, as was seen outside ground both before and after the game and it would of erupted wherever they were in stadium

Last edited:
The 1500 Coventry has already been signed off by the Council and Police. Think there's netting also being installed for your lot and Coventry

I'm surprised the police haven't stepped in tbh. Surely if they say to the league they want you to have less, then the EFL will go with what they say?
Why would they even bother? There’s no chance they’ll bring anywhere near 2000.

Starts on 7+ loyalty points. Brutal fans pompey, that Westwood with the bell is a tosser as well. I nicked his hat once. In all honesty that turns me into a tosser as well doesn’t it?

Tbf, their fans for the play off game were fine. Real fans, travelling a long way to support their team.

Their away support for the league game, however, had a lot of day trippers who just wanted to cause trouble. Mind, they were nowhere near as bad as Coventry.

Coventry were utter scum
This.

The ones at our place in the play off game were fine.

There were a lot of day trippers at the Wembley game & the league match at the SOL and it seems their day trippers are absolute crack pots and have no class whatsoever.

Half of the Pompey lot I encountered at Wembley were looking to wind up our fans at every opportunity come full time, the other half were sound and genuine though.

It’s a daft rivalry between our clubs if you think about it. Separated by the length of the country and still some daft bad blood exists. :lol:

Coventry - well, the less said about them the better. Utter arseholes.

Restriction has been imposed by Sunderland Council who are responsible for issuing safety certificate for stadium, no restriction no certificate no visiting fans, not a lot efl can do about it what ever their rules say

Still don’t understand how relocating away fans would of stopped Coventry fans going on the rampage last season. They were hell bent on causing trouble, as was seen outside ground both before and after the game and it would of erupted wherever they were in stadium

Had Coventry been in the lower bowl, it would have been a lot worse.

Definitely the South East corner?

Getting rid of the family stand won’t go down well mind. I also can’t see the east stand regulate being happy.

Last edited:
Had Coventry been in the lower bowl, it would have been a lot worse.

Getting rid of the family stand won’t go down well mind. I also can’t see the east stand regulate being happy.

Best place for them , open the whole north to family pricing and make it even cheaper for the lower bit it looks crap behind that goal currently

Best place for them , open the whole north to family pricing and make it even cheaper for the lower bit it looks crap behind that goal currently
Agreed. Excellent idea. My preference for the move would be the lower north-east corner. We might have to have pitch-side away fans sometime in future, so let's get ahead of the game. It might make a better atmosphere if fans had some visible/verbal opposition.
Also, when we know how many seats have been sold, the unused sections should have a big red canvas over them marked 'Phantom away fans!' Then we (and the TV public) can see which clubs bring two busloads. :)

Have I missed something, because apart from the one Pompey fan that hoyed that smoke bomb down I didn’t think there were any other issues that day? I think the person who threw that also got handed over to the police by his own fans, unlike Coventry who seemed to encourage their fellow knackers.

I’m talking about the home league game here. I know some people had bad encounters with them at the Checkatrade final, but from what I remember the league game passed without any major issue unlike Coventry at home where the throwing of stuff was frequent and there was bother in the Wheatsheaf and outside the away end at full time.

Have I missed something, because apart from the one Pompey fan that hoyed that smoke bomb down I didn’t think there were any other issues that day? I think the person who threw that also got handed over to the police by his own fans, unlike Coventry who seemed to encourage their fellow knackers.

I’m talking about the home league game here. I know some people had bad encounters with them at the Checkatrade final, but from what I remember the league game passed without any major issue unlike Coventry at home where the throwing of stuff was frequent and there was bother in the Wheatsheaf and outside the away end at full time.

Spot on , pompy fans turned on the little coward who chucked a flair ...words from a friend who works in safety for the club ‘good job the police got to him first as the Portsmouth fans we’re going mental to get at him’ , Coventry fans let their dick heads get away with it and brushed the whole thing off.

I was also at the away game at Coventry and seen first hand the trouble they instigated, walking towards the town centre amongst them they were a bunch of green street wannabes looking to try and intimidate people. I was at Portsmouth twice last season and although there was a little bit of chew after the play offs in general their proper fan base are sound not a place you mess about but also not the types to pick on innocents

Football fans are the same everywhere, apart from Sunderland it seems. Every club has it's nut cases and it's vast majority of supporters that are civilised human beings. I never saw any trouble at the Wembley final or the league match but it does seem there was trouble caused by our lot at both games. It is unfortunate but every town has it's undesirables, be it burglars, drug pushers, violent element and etc. Forgive me for saying but I would venture the old town of Sunderland has these same elements that you find in Portsmouth or any other town in the country. You can not say a Pompey fan or a Coventry fan are bad people because of the team they support while, conversely, you can not say every Sunderland fan is on the list to be the next Pope. As someone has already commented about the idiot who threw the flair from Pompey was safer by being arrested, he was vilified no end down here. So I hope our meetings this coming season will not have the bitterness after the games and I hope our two great clubs get out of this league with Ipswich joining us through the play offs. I was fairly confident of promotion last season but not quite so much this season. We have brought some good players in but also players that fit the clubs recruiting policy of players with promise for the future. I think that if a club is serious about promotion 'ready made, players are required as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back