[Poll] Will you be going to the pub?

Will you be going to the pub?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10% intend going on Saturday I wonder what that is compared to normal.

If that is reflected across the country that is a lot of people.

About 10% intend going on Saturday I wonder what that is compared to normal.

If that is reflected across the country that is a lot of people.

If its anywhere near normal, given that no pub will be at normal capacity and not all will be open.... its going to be insane in city centres

But we live in a world where people queued for McDonalds

Last edited:
I am going to stick my neck out and say that the two city centres of Tyne and Wear will be less busy than a normal Saturday.
The guys I know who like a pub crawl when they go up Town are giving it a miss
as they will be no buzz about the place and the restrictions in place would tend to favour those visiting a restaurant.
I can see many pubs not bothering to open.
With poor weather it may be a damp squib.

Just had a text from Frijj. He has booked a table at Byker Weatherspoons for 1pm on Saturday and is buying the first round of pints of Bombardier first anybody who turns up in a Brexit T-shirt

I'll be there I live 5 mins walk away. I don't have a Brexit t shirt nor do I drink bombardier but Stella us 2. 95 a pint in the high main. Reckon I can get Frijj to come to the butcher Arms, Jackson or the Lord Clyde after he's had a few despies?

Pub reopening on Wednesday, can’t wait to go down and have a few pints. We’re moving outside and have no rain cover (yet) so it’ll probably f***ing piss down.

A few of us popped in The Barnes last night after our first game of footy at Goals. For most of us, it was our first step into a pub since March. It was deserted - only two other blokes in - so I could order straight away. Before I’d got much more out than “Hello there, I’d like....” the lass behind the bar barked at me “GET INTO THE SQUARE” while pointing out a taped off square on the floor.

The thing is, apart from the lovely welcome, the taped off square on the floor was closer to her and the bar area than the spot from which I’d made my request(!).

With fucknuggets like her enforcing the rules, I’ve confirmed to myself that I’ve missed nothing by not stepping into a pub since they re-opened earlier this month and I think I’ll stick to Brewdog cans in the fridge at home.

Off for lunch in a local pub tomoro first time since lockdown and really looking forward to it table booked and it will be nice to have a catch up with my best friend and my god-daughter

Club's been fine since it reopened on 3 July. First couple of weekends were a bit quiet/surreal, bit busier Sunday gone though. Some people who are members said they prefer it to Spoons or Greene King pubs cos of the arse on in those pubs booking tables, apps etc.

Been in The Fountain ower the road a couple of times and was pretty empty the last time.

The armageddon/carnage many predicted didn't happen like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back