[Poll] Will you be going to the pub?

Will you be going to the pub?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had a text from Frijj. He has booked a table at Byker Weatherspoons for 1pm on Saturday and is buying the first round of pints of Bombardier first anybody who turns up in a Brexit T-shirt

I'll return to pubs, when the pubs I drink in reopen (my two locals aren't opening yet), we can get back to the SOL (pre match drinks), or the wife goes shopping and I can get into the terrible chain pub next to the supermarket (without booking a table/queueing) while the wife shops.

I don't go to pubs just to drink beer, I go because I like the atmosphere (or I like not being in Tesco). The pubs that will open tomorrow will not have any atmosphere, so hold no appeal. When they are as close to "Normal" as possible, I will be back like a flash.

Last edited:
Just heard my cricket club is opening the bar so probably head down there tomorrow. Just a shame we can't get a game on

Just heard my cricket club is opening the bar so probably head down there tomorrow. Just a shame we can't get a game on
Aye, my lad's training tomorrow - weather permitting - and they've been told the bar is open and the outside tables and parts of the field are available for people to sit and have a pint. Bring your own chairs etc.

Madness that football can restart but cricket can't. Shouldnt be too hard to make cricket socially distant surely!
The ball is a "natural vector of disease" apparently.

Just ban shining the ball and make players carry hand sanitiser in their pockets to use ever time they touch the ball

I dithered between "wait a few days" and "wait a few weeks". Going in with the knackers on Saturday is just nuts.

I'll probably nip in first time on a weekday when it's quieter and it's possible to keep my distance. Someone did a survey on Facebook and only two out of his friends list siad they were planning to go to the pub in Saturday. Many said the same as me. Many more said not at all for now.

Friends have said they just won't go. They have relatives with pre-existing medical conditions who have been shielding. The Leicester situation and the half million descending on Dorset and to hell with distancing have made them very wary.

mates got a pub , was reading rules and regs from fb page , dear me, sounded like an ordeal rather than a pleasure. dare say lot of them are similar throughout england.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back