Police asking for yet more money in McCann Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

You said at the beginning of the thread that the parents killing her was more plausible than any other theories. You've dismissed any attempts by anybody to say the parents didn't do it. Its obvious what you think but for some reason you don't just come out and say it
OK then, you are saying you don't think the parents killed her but you also say she wasn't abducted. So what do you think did happen?

Just hang on there, you're really getting yourself wound up and making things up.

I'm not saying I believe the parents did or didn't kill her and I'm not saying she wasn't abducted ..... I have an open mind, why not try it instead of becoming all aggressive?

You've called me out for, 'The way you debunk any comment that they were not involved in their daughters death'.

As you claim I do this every time there must be many examples according to you.

So what you've done is to scurry off to find these examples to throw back in my face and prove your point ..... but failed.

And now, because you can't back up what you've said you decide that I didn't say it but you actually know what I'm thinking.

What you need to realise is that having a different opinion, on a subject, doesn't automatically mean you're 'debunking theories' otherwise both people would be equally guilty.

Those defending the parents seem to be quite confrontational, you're a typical example.

Just hang on there, you're really getting yourself wound up and making things up.

I'm not saying I believe the parents did or didn't kill her and I'm not saying she wasn't abducted ..... I have an open mind, why not try it instead of becoming all aggressive?

You've called me out for, 'The way you debunk any comment that they were not involved in their daughters death'.

So what you've done is to scurry off to find these examples to throw back in my face and prove your point ..... but failed.

And now, because you can't back up what you've said you decide that I didn't say it but you actually know what I'm thinking.

What you need to realise is that having a different opinion, on a subject, doesn't automatically mean you're 'debunking theories' otherwise both people would be equally guilty.

Those defending the parents seem to be quite confrontational, you're a typical example.
Where's my aggression, you're paranoid mate.
You don't have a different opinion you think the parents were involved. You are disagreeing with anybody who says they think she was abducted but aren't doing the same with the the McCann's did it mob. It shines out like a diamond in a goats arse what you think but for some strange reason you're not just saying what you think. Anyway I'll let you get back to your paranoia. Don't forget you owe pugwash an apology.

Here's an example below of your input so a bit less less of the holier than thou act, eh. Calling people loons isn't exactly an open mind you're trying to portray, we know you've made your mind up.

"It's the conspiracy nuts who really make me laugh with their ludicrous crackpot theories.

Some of the biggest loons make out a gang of men staked out the flat, meticulously recorded the movements of the parents, broke into the flat, kidnapped a child, carried her through a tourist resort, avoided all cctv/police/search party, smuggled her out of the country and flogged her to a desperate couple .....

..... all without leaving a footprint, fingerprint, hair or the slightest trace of DNA."

Your conduct in replying to those on this thread who don't think the parents were involved has been disgraceful.

Last edited:

It's very strange indeed. Almost as if the mccanns have their very own cult.

You don't have a different opinion you think the parents were involved. You are disagreeing with anybody who says they think she was abducted but aren't doing the same with the the McCann's did it mob. It shines out like a diamond in a goats arse what you think but for some strange reason you're not just saying what you think. Anyway I'll let you get back to your paranoia. Don't forget you owe pugwash an apology.

Here's an example below of your input so a bit less less of the holier than thou act, eh. Calling people loons isn't exactly an open mind you're trying to portray, we know you've made your mind up.

"It's the conspiracy nuts who really make me laugh with their ludicrous crackpot theories.

Some of the biggest loons make out a gang of men staked out the flat, meticulously recorded the movements of the parents, broke into the flat, kidnapped a child, carried her through a tourist resort, avoided all cctv/police/search party, smuggled her out of the country and flogged her to a desperate couple .....

..... all without leaving a footprint, fingerprint, hair or the slightest trace of DNA."

Your conduct in replying to those on this thread who don't think the parents were involved has been disgraceful.

You don't want a debate ... you're just after an argument and I'm not interested.

Come back and try again when you've calmed down and stop trying to tell me what I think.

You even know what you think about what happened :lol:

Disgraceful? That's way off the mark like. It's the mcfans who get all aggressive and resort to personal attacks against any opposing thought.

Plus we're not in the mccanns did it camp. We're in the we're not ruling it out camp. There's a big difference. That's what you lads can't get your head around.

You don't want a debate ... you're just after an argument and I'm not interested.

Come back and try again when you've calmed down and stop trying to tell me what I think.

You even know what you think about what happened :lol:

They don't want debate of material mate. Just arguments and smokescreens. Cos if they did they'd soon see that not everything meets the eye with this case.

Last edited:
You don't have a different opinion you think the parents were involved

It was them being negligent by leaving their children alone that this whole affair happened and on that basis they were involved. We all make mistakes. but in their positions I would have expected much better of them as parents, especially of young children.

Devil's advocate here but if the McCann's are involved, all this publicity and fundraising they have received, will have them just below Hindley and Brady in the hatred stakes

Takes some doing to be so barefaced if they were involved in her death/disappearance

Disgraceful? That's way off the mark like. It's the mcfans who get all aggressive and resort to personal attacks against any opposing thought.
Plus we're not in the mccanns did it camp. We're in the we're not ruling it out camp. There's a big difference. That's what you lads can't get your head around.
They don't want debate of material mate. Just arguments and smokescreens. Cos if they did they'd soon see that not everything meets the eye with this case.

I've offered various possibilities, none of which I believe are fact .... they're just theories based on what I see and feel, not facts.

I've never accused the McCanns of anything more than being responsible for putting their children in danger.

The McCann groupies don't have any theories or opinions other than the parents are blameless, innocent and entirely normal.

The things they've said and done aren't normal imo, the whole party come across as very strange people who I wouldn't want anywhere near me.

Last edited:
I think they know something and i really hope it comes out one day.

right from day one there was something about their (the parents) behaviour and the way they answered questions that didn't add up - IMO

not sure if anybody has brought this up, but the 'Gerry looking under cars' bit is also odd to say the least

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/madeleine-mccann-nanny-breaks-10-199719

in addition, and food for thought... why are the Met Police based in London taking the lead in this investigation from the UK side of things anyway? I thought both parents were based (work and residence) in Leicestershire? - so any missing persons report should officially have been reported through their local force and not the Met from London? (that's actually a simple fact according to procedure) - so who reported it from the UK end from London if it wasn't the parents? - this makes no sense whatsoever UNLESS it was an unofficial request from somebody else based in London?

Scotland yard has a department that deals with foreign forces and acts as a link to Interpol, which all foreign enquiries must go through.

The prime minister david Cameron asked the met to review and 2 years later Theresa may as home secretary gave the met permission to investiagate.

long standing authority for brit police to investigate crimes like this, but I don't know, what authority the met are relying on.

Most cases any court action, would still be taken in the country the offence took place.

problem we would have, is getting the evidence from Portugal to uk in a usable form for the courts.

Scotland yard has a department that deals with foreign forces and acts as a link to Interpol, which all foreign enquiries must go through...

That's actually incorrect though... it seems you have put the cart in front of the horse so to speak?
All enquiries from the UK start with the local force, who then could go through Interpol... as long as its an international enquiry.
Only if its London based would it start with the Met and then go through Interpol...
The Met have no official link inbetween any of the other UK Forces and Interpol.

....The prime minister david Cameron asked the met to review and 2 years later Theresa may as home secretary gave the met permission to investiagate.....

So this suggests it was an unofficial enquiry by the Met (who have form for this to get jolly's abroad) , which in turn runs risk of any actual evidence then being void at a later date should there be legal proceedings.

Any half decent reporter or journalist should be trying to obtain a copy of the UK missing persons report... if it went to Interpol (so an official request) then it will have to be on a Yellow Notice which will be submitted to Portugal.... there will be a name on the report as to who has initiated the request. Cameron you say? ;)

52 pages of the same old shite

Yes, it's tiresome how people are putting various opinions and ideas on a message board.

I believe we should have more of your political threads where people always listen to the other side of the argument and change their minds if thereby persuaded.

Perhaps you should pop off and start another, the topical ones about Labour from 30 years ago are particularly fascinating ;)

Last edited:
Yes, it's tiresome how people are putting various opinions and ideas on a message board.

I believe we should have more of your political threads where people always listen to the other side of the argument and change their minds if thereby persuaded.

Perhaps you should pop off and start another, the ones about Labour 30 years ago are particularly fascinating ;)

Come back when I've posted 5,000 pages on that subject over ten years. There really is nothing that hasn't already been said on this topic.

Come back when I've posted 5,000 pages on that subject over ten years.

There really is nothing that hasn't already been said on this topic.

I take your point although it's not actually true, I've learned a few things and admitted as much.

Besides, there are people like me who rarely come on SMB and haven't posted on the previous thread/threads.

This thread is different in that it's a new appeal for funding from the police about a new line of enquiry.

I ignore your political threads as I have no interest .... couldn't you just do the same?

I take your point although it's not actually true, I've learned a few things and admitted as much.

Besides, there are people like me who rarely come on SMB and haven't posted on the previous thread/threads.

This thread is different in that it's a new appeal for funding from the police about a new line of enquiry.

I ignore your political threads as I have no interest .... couldn't you just do the same?

You can't ignore them too much if you go onto a board dedicated entirely to politics to read them.

McCann threads always wind up with the same libelous rumour mongering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back