Police asking for yet more money in McCann Investigation

I am not going to reply to all that, but it boils down to the fact that the Home secretary can ask any police force in the country to investigate something abroad. The met has more resources and has more expertise in this field.

Home office is funding the enquiry

well then don't - but at same time then try not to sidetrack my posts 1032 and 1036 with utter nonsense? :rolleyes:

...The met has more resources and has more expertise in this field....

total horseshite! unless you are some deluded misinformed Metpol fanboy? :lol:

If anything, you don't want the Met to have anything to do with any investigation or enquiry.... while point of my original post was to offer food for thought as to which numptie had selected them in an UNOFFICIAL enquiry.
The parents reside in Leicestershire... if the yellow notice was activated from a London or Metpol source then as long as you weren't a DAily Mail or Sky News type reporter it would be worthwhile trying to find out who's name is on that report? Because from London it can't be either parent as that would not be official procedure for any international enquiry where you would later require evidence.... unless somebody in London knows that in advance and is the point? ;)

well then don't - but at same time then try not to sidetrack my posts 1032 and 1036 with utter nonsense? :rolleyes:

If anything, you don't want the Met to have anything to do with any investigation or enquiry.... while point of my original post was to offer food for thought as to which numptie had selected them in an UNOFFICIAL enquiry.
The parents reside in Leicestershire... if the yellow notice was activated from a London or Metpol source then as long as you weren't a DAily Mail or Sky News type reporter it would be worthwhile trying to find out who's name is on that report? Because from London it can't be either parent as that would not be official procedure for any international enquiry where you would later require evidence.... unless somebody in London knows that in advance and is the point? ;)
Maddie was appointed a ward of court a couple of days after her disappearance, iirc.

Maddie was appointed a ward of court a couple of days after her disappearance, iirc.

that may well be the case, but an international missing person request (yellow notice) will initially have to be submitted through local force area (so Leicestershire)... which then goes officially through Interpol (and has nothing to do with the Met at all) and on to foreign country (in this case Portugal) through IP Lisbon

If as you suggest she was made a ward of court, then if it was somebody in London it would go through the Met, but the odd thing here is that on the international request notice it must state who that person is? - In addition, say for arguments sake it was a social worker or lawyer based in London, then that persons contact details would have to be submitted BEFORE it was processed by Interpol (and turned into a yellow notice in this case)
As its not a crime, a journalist could easily access these details... my initial food for thought post was that any decent journalist could obtain this info but what is then odd is that this never appears to have been done? Why would that be? - Is there a yellow notice? (my guess is no)

Instead we have some Dept within the Met claiming they need more budget to continue, and this same Met have plenty of form over the decades for unofficially getting involved with cases that have nothing to do with them ...and blowing budgets. A well known MO within Home Office circles.

Any criminal investigation currently ongoing has nothing to do with any UK police force (its a local matter for Portugal) and they (Portugal) could send official enquiries to the UK (through official channels) but that would in theory also exclude the Met (same process as described in previous post but then in reverse) ... the only way the UK can be involved in any criminal matter is at request of Portugal. All that the UK can initiate is a missing persons report.

But why was she made a ward of court? Before their trip to Portugal? And if so why? is that known?

right from day one there was something about their (the parents) behaviour and the way they answered questions that didn't add up - IMO

not sure if anybody has brought this up, but the 'Gerry looking under cars' bit is also odd to say the least

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/madeleine-mccann-nanny-breaks-10-199719

in addition, and food for thought... why are the Met Police based in London taking the lead in this investigation from the UK side of things anyway? I thought both parents were based (work and residence) in Leicestershire? - so any missing persons report should officially have been reported through their local force and not the Met from London? (that's actually a simple fact according to procedure) - so who reported it from the UK end from London if it wasn't the parents? - this makes no sense whatsoever UNLESS it was an unofficial request from somebody else based in London?

also going back to my initial post... this nanny that has now been interviewed. So she looked after their kids in daytime only? And never when they went out for drinks or meals in the evening?
Which then raises question, they don't seem to then spend that much time with their kids on their holiday then?
As for these evening sessions... a lot of alcohol on that bill from night she was reported missing? - a daily occurrence? or only by coincidence that one night during their entire stay?
I take it these questions have already been asked?

Last edited:

where do you get these ideas from. I suggest a new source

have a look

Home Office statement on Madeleine McCann - GOV.UK

Which then raises question, they don't seem to then spend that much time with their kids on their holiday then?
As for these evening sessions... a lot of alcohol on that bill from night she was reported missing? - a daily occurrence? or only by coincidence that one night during their entire stay?
I take it these questions have already been asked?

Very little tbh .... on the day she went missing the father had spent less time than the staff with her.

The parents had spent that day entertaining themselves but the children were mostly entertained by resort staff.

The only significant time the family had together was breakfast and lunch, the children had dinner with resort staff.

Not much of a family holiday ......

where do you get these ideas from. I suggest a new source

have a look

Home Office statement on Madeleine McCann - GOV.UK

:lol:

a vague statement involving a previous government and the head of the Met (Stephenson)who was already preparing his resignation?

There is nothing official about that soundbite/new source you refer to here... The Met would have unofficially got involved as they often do with things, and in turn they have updated the Home Office who then post this update in 2011
Like I said, any half decent journalist should be able to obtain info from non-crime enquiries, and the yellow notice would have all official info... but I suspect there is no official request from the Metpol end, and now too late for certain people on UK side to admit that or put it right.

:lol:

a vague statement involving a previous government and the head of the Met (Stephenson)who was already preparing his resignation?

There is nothing official about that soundbite/new source you refer to here... The Met would have unofficially got involved as they often do with things, and in turn they have updated the Home Office who then post this update in 2011
Like I said, any half decent journalist should be able to obtain info from non-crime enquiries, and the yellow notice would have all official info... but I suspect there is no official request from the Metpol end, and now too late for certain people on UK side to admit that or put it right.

tedious now.

npia asked by Leicester police and PJ along with inspector from Leicester. which as I said, Leicester police had been involved

P.J. POLICE FILES: MARK HARRISON ROGATORY

also, just for info with this link... the statement has been translated, but appears to suggest that this Mark Harrison was a police agent or to some a police officer? He wasn't. He was a civvy or admin support staff - a forensics person that was sent over to assist Leicestershire Police Officers.
This was part of the request that came from Portugal to the UK
This had nothing to do with the Met at this stage.
Tedious maybe, but I can see nothing so far that the Met involvement has followed official channels.

also, just for info with this link... the statement has been translated, but appears to suggest that this Mark Harrison was a police agent or to some a police officer? He wasn't. He was a civvy or admin support staff - a forensics person that was sent over to assist Leicestershire Police Officers.
This was part of the request that came from Portugal to the UK
This had nothing to do with the Met at this stage.
Tedious maybe, but I can see nothing so far that the Met involvement has followed official channels.

I am an official with the British Police at the service of the UK National Policing Improvement Agency (NPIA) and work there as a special advising investigator. I was asked to respond to four questions by the Policia Judiciaria in a document sent by them. The questions appear in this statement in italics.

On 20.07.2007 I was sent by NPIA to Portugal with the goal of helping the Leicestershire police and the Policia Judiciaria relative to the disappearance of a child, Madeleine McCann, missing since 03.05.07 from Praia da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.

He was working with an inspector from Leicester Police at that stage. Leicester police at that stage were acting as the go between with uk and Portugal. There were statements to be obtained from brits. appeals to be made and queries to be answered for the portugese police

met were not brought in until later under the orders of the home secretary

You have a be in your bonnet about the met. Live with it. UK force can investigate a number of crimes abroad and as ive said before I do not know under what authority this was done in this case. Murder for example there are a number of legislations that allow. Will only have to be a suspicion of murder. I don't know the authority used but that is an example, so the met police can investigate if the home secretary says so and especially if they fund it.

Official channels were followed.

NPIA - The National Policing Improvement Agency was a non-departmental public body established to support police by providing expertise in such areas as information technology, information sharing, and recruitment. That is why he was with an inspector.

Yes you are right every missing child is unique and every avenue should and must be investigated but in the majority of cases all leads are exhausted and the cases are closed or left on file.
You do realise what I mean when I say this case is unique. It is. If there is a chance that it can be solved it must be. If a new lead crops up then bugger the cost, look into it.
The same applies to any missing child investigation, if a new lead arises it must be investigated bugger the cost.
the Ben Needham case blows your claims out of the water.

Back