Pointless

Pointless answers were Micky Horswill, Richie Pitt, Vic Halom and Trevor Cherry.
Contestants didn't win. They didn't attempt to answer the cup-final question, I'm not sure they could have named the sides involved never mind the players.
Oh feck - how manh times did i mention Cherry - nobody got Vic Halom ?? Wow !

Pointless answers were Micky Horswill, Richie Pitt, Vic Halom and Trevor Cherry.
Contestants didn't win. They didn't attempt to answer the cup-final question, I'm not sure they could have named the sides involved never mind the players.
Contestants pretty crap and thought they were so clever. Went for no.1 albums and singles (I think) and got them all wrong 😂

Contestants pretty crap and thought they were so clever. Went for no.1 albums and singles (I think) and got them all wrong 😂

I found it strange how in that category there was only 1 pointless answer. So the 100 people got every single artist who had a number 1 album or single in 1973, unbelievable.

Surprised there weren't more pointless answers. What are the chances that of the 100 people they apparently ask, that one (or more) of them is a Sunderland/ Leeds fan who just so happens to know both teams? I reckon if you ask 100 genuinely random people less then five of them would even know who played in that final. Even if you asked 100 people at the match I bet they'd struggle to name the entire Leeds side and a fair few (especially younger ones) would struggle to name our team.
You’re getting there.
Only Halom was a pointless answer out of our side :eek:
Naaaah.
Weird thing was Halom being on MOTD intro footage the following season couldve increased his recognition factor more than the final itself. IE “who’s that just just shot n just about to swear on my telly on Saturday night?”

Last edited:

Back