Pogba up there with the greatest of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet

There’s a gap about to open up. Ronaldo and Messi are both on the edge to start their declines. Only a year or 2 and they’ll be replaced at the top. It’s just who will replace them

Pogba is only 25

And Mbappe is already better than him at 19

Messi along with Pogba isnt one of the best ever as it stands, Pogba still has the opportunity to be though.

Messi isn't one of the best ever? How?

Just the rules mate. Maradona better than Messi because he won a world cup. So the fact Best never even played at a world cup means he's not on Pogba's level.

He hasn't the ability to transform a team into a winning one as proved by you continuing to use the imaginary rule of no world cups.

Very good when in one the best teams in the world playing against opponents who roll over for them In the Spanish League. Average at international level.

He hasn't the ability to transform a team into a winning one as proved by you continuing to use the imaginary rule of no world cups.

Very good when in one the best teams in the world playing against opponents who roll over for them In the Spanish League. Average at international level.

I don't think you understand football mate.

Messi isn't one of the best ever? How?

Just the rules mate. Maradona better than Messi because he won a world cup. So the fact Best never even played at a world cup means he's not on Pogba's level.
so you add filters to decide who is better.
George best was a magnificent player far far better than Pogba. Doesn't matter he never won the world cup, he played against the very best

so you add filters to decide who is better.
George best was a magnificent player far far better than Pogba. Doesn't matter he never won the world cup, he played against the very best

I'm just taking the mick. The thread was designed as a dig at those who compare Messi and Maradona and say Maradona is better as he won the world cup, despite Messi doing better than him in every other aspect of his career by absolutely miles.
Using the logic of a world cup win trumping everything else, I put it out there that Pogba was now an all time great. I don't actually believe he is.

I don't think you understand football mate.

You can lead a horse to water.

I'm just taking the mick. The thread was designed as a dig at those who compare Messi and Maradona and say Maradona is better as he won the world cup, despite Messi doing better than him in every other aspect of his career by absolutely miles.
Using the logic of a world cup win trumping everything else, I put it out there that Pogba was now an all time great. I don't actually believe he is.

Amazing thread on so many levels.

He's a twat - he owes me money - had him down for last goal scorer and had Mbappe down for an assist - and he missed that sitter in last minute or so ...if I ever bump into him he's in trouble I tell you

Pogba is absolutely class

Using the Maradona Rule then Paul Pogba is clearly one of the best of all time.
Scored in a world cup final.
Won the world cup.
Won 4 league titles.
Won a European trophy.

Also excellent at Euro 2016 but finished runner up.

Think Maradona carried a pretty average Argentina side whereas this French side is outstanding

Last edited:
ya whooshed me :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back