Pogba up there with the greatest of all time

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
Using the Maradona Rule then Paul Pogba is clearly one of the best of all time.
Scored in a world cup final.
Won the world cup.
Won 4 league titles.
Won a European trophy.

Also excellent at Euro 2016 but finished runner up.

Maradona didn’t score in a WC final.

I know. But he did win it. Obviously we can only judge a player on performances at international level tbf, which is why Messi isn't as good as Maradona, so in applying the Maradona Rule that makes Pogba one of the best ever.

I know. But he did win it. Obviously we can only judge a player on performances at international level tbf, which is why Messi isn't as good as Maradona, so in applying the Maradona Rule that makes Pogba one of the best ever.

Fair dos, he’s earned his place alongside Christian Karembeu imo.

Maradona did it at club and international level. Messi is a bit of a flat track bully when it comes to the world cup, 2014 he only scored in the groups and missed a big chance in the final. this year, the less said the better.

I think Maradona is also judged by the fact he could virtually win a game on his own. If you watch some of the goals he scored and some of the ridiculous skills and tricks he performed, you couldn't deny he was a one off.

Still a cheating little bastard mind ...

Maradona did it at club and international level. Messi is a bit of a flat track bully when it comes to the world cup, 2014 he only scored in the groups and missed a big chance in the final. this year, the less said the better.

Messi is Argentina's all time leading scorer and has been in 3 finals with his country btw.

Still, Pogba though, up with Diego, Pele and Zidane now

Won the world cup.
Won 4 league titles.
Won a European trophy.

As a general rule, winning a World Cup and scoring in the final and winning a European trophy and four league titles does mean you’re probably a lot better than the vast majority of footballers, yes.

Messi is Argentina's all time leading scorer and has been in 3 finals with his country btw.

Still, Pogba though, up with Diego, Pele and Zidane now
2010 world cup 0 goals. 2014 scored v Iran, Nigeria ffs. This year scored v Nigeria and was a disgrace against Croatia when the going got tough.

I think Maradona is also judged by the fact he could virtually win a game on his own. If you watch some of the goals he scored and some of the ridiculous skills and tricks he performed, you couldn't deny he was a one off.

Still a cheating little bastard mind ...

Never scored in a world cup final, unlike Pogba. Pogba has more Serie A titles than Maradona as well

2010 world cup 0 goals. 2014 scored v Iran, Nigeria ffs. This year scored v Nigeria and was a disgrace against Croatia when the going got tough.

This thread is about Pogba not Messi.

Won the world cup.
Won 4 league titles.
Won a European trophy.

As good as Maradona? :):):):)
The OP is having a mare....

As good as Maradona? :):):):)
The OP is having a mare....

That's the Law of Maradona though isn't it?
Messi isn't as good as Maradona because Maradona won the world cup.
Pogba has done the world cup and scored in a final, as well as more league titles than Maradona. How else can you measure it if they're tied on world cup wins?

Griezmann and Varane have done more.

You're absolutely correct. I didn't wanna blow people's minds too much

Back