Podcast for Film Nerds

this months double reel is worth a listen, if you've got nothing better to do... there are worse ways to spend an hour & a half, even tempted to watch in the name of the rose sometime this week.
Listening for the first time while painting my new house, really enjoying it.
it does have that watching paint dry vibe going on... ;)

Planning on doing a deep dive in the films and career of Walter Hill in a future podcast episode. I'm pretty sure that was a suggestion from someone on here, can't remember who. @Marty Moose ?

Anyway, we're going to get into his films in proper detail, not just the big ones he directed like The Driver, 48 Hours, The Warriors, Southern ComfortComfort etc, but also the films he wrote or otherwise had a hand in like Alien and The Getaway.

Happy to hear from any fans of his who want to comment, name their favourite film or otherwise chip in.

Double Reel is absolutely spoiling you with Christmas content this week:

Episode 32 of our regular pod is out with features including: reviews of She Said and See How They Run; Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut; Classic Birdman; Hidden Gem Nightcrawler; One That Got Away Scorsese's Joker; Remake Hatewatch Fantastic Four 2015; Big Conversation the Lord of the Rings franchise.

We're also dropping a special episode 2022: A Kubrick Odyssey next week which has a run down of the the great director's entire filmography.

And if that wasn't enough, you can also listen to a special Christmas edition of our other podcast, The Adamsons Versus Scrooge McMusk.

Episode 32 of our regular pod is out with features including: reviews of She Said and See How They Run; Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut; Classic Birdman; Hidden Gem Nightcrawler; One That Got Away Scorsese's Joker; Remake Hatewatch Fantastic Four 2015; Big Conversation the Lord of the Rings franchise.

We're also dropping a special episode 2022: A Kubrick Odyssey next week which has a run down of the the great director's entire filmography.

And if that wasn't enough, you can also listen to a special Christmas edition of our other podcast, The Adamsons Versus Scrooge McMusk.

Just listened to the Musk one. Sorry to be critical but imo you’re both far too lenient on him imo.:lol: He’s an absolute prick. I was surprised you didn’t mention Peter Theil as well - the other PayPal bloke who is now almost openly fascist!
Anyway - food for thought and well done for getting up off your arse and doing something constructive.
I’m planning to see Eyes Wide Shut soon so I’ll wait until I have before listening to the film one

Last edited:

Did you notice the slab of Stella on top of Keatons theatre dressing room wardrobe/cupboard? I think it was visible when he gets back into his dressing room after locking himself out on the street. I whispered “that’s his problem there”. I thought I was the only one in a packed west end cinema to see it but the feller behind started laughing so I think he’d both seen it and heard me.

Did you notice the slab of Stella on top of Keatons theatre dressing room wardrobe/cupboard? I think it was visible when he gets back into his dressing room after locking himself out on the street. I whispered “that’s his problem there”. I thought I was the only one in a packed west end cinema to see it but the feller behind started laughing so I think he’d both seen it and heard me.

Oh, spotter's badge! Will have to check back on that...

Help requested from people who listen - my co host and Number One Son would like suggestions for film related New Year's resolutions, like films he should watch, directors/genres/franchises he should focus on. Any suggestions welcome

Back