Podcast for Film Nerds

Offensive is a good word.

It's actually an insult to real feminism.

The idea that women would just go to the cinema to watch this shite just because it has a few "wacky" independent minded chicks in and a dumb hot guy.

Shocking.
And women aren't funny

Friendly advice - maybe put the name of one of the films you're covering in the title? That way if I've just watched - say - Punch Drunk Love - and want to listen to podcasts reviewing it after (which is pretty much what I always do) ...then your pod will come up in the search on itunes. As it is I tested it and it doesnt.
I would have thought this was the best way to build an audience.
Aside from that - good luck! Just subscribed today and will have a first listen on my next walk.

Thanks, I’ve changed my episode titles accordingly and now they show up in searches for film titles. Often waaaaaay down the list but you’ve got to start somewhere

Some observations
Can't believe you haven't seen A Private Function, the late great Liz Smith steals the film with her performance
I don't recall a hetro sex scene in the Shawshank, the golf pro banging Andy's wife was more inuendo, I suspect your lads teacher was trying distract from one the of rape scenes
By naming Louie Cifer you probably ruined the plot for Angel Heart

Enjoyed the podcast, looking forward to the next one

@Cockney Mackem are you still doing these?

I've listened and it's good stuff, I appreciate your opinions and I've watched a couple of things that I probably ordinarily would not have and they were class.

Anyway, I've just watched The Lighthouse (Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe). It's batshit crazy and I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

@Cockney Mackem are you still doing these?

I've listened and it's good stuff, I appreciate your opinions and I've watched a couple of things that I probably ordinarily would not have and they were class.

Anyway, I've just watched The Lighthouse (Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe). It's batshit crazy and I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

Cheers, yes still doing it. Episode 8 coming out next week. Slightly tweaked the format, and my son is co-hosting with me now.

On the 18th we'll be covering:

13 Assassins
Colour Out Of Space
The Blues Brothers
Sunshine
Kathryn Bigelow's unrealised Joan of Arc project (which Luc Besson stole off her, the twat)
Why the Coen Brothers' Ladykillers remake is a disgrace
Marvel Phases 4 and 5
PS will try and watch The Lighthouse, heard good things

Last edited:
Cheers, yes still doing it. Episode 8 coming out next week. Slightly tweaked the format, and my son is co-hosting with me now.

On the 18th we'll be covering:

13 Assassins
Colour Out Of Space
The Blues Brothers
Sunshine
Kathryn Bigelow's unrealised Joan of Arc project (which Luc Besson stole off her, the twat)
Why the Coen Brothers' Ladykillers remake is a disgrace
Marvel Phases 4 and 5
PS will try and watch The Lighthouse, heard good things
Smashing mate I'll keep my eye out for it.

Finally got around to watching Stir of Echoes after the suggestion on the pod, thoroughly enjoyed it. I've never seen The Sixth Sense because it seems like a film that is only a setup for the twist ending, which I obviously know. So I can't really compare but good recommendation.

Also enioyed Strange Days and moreso Blow Out, definitely better than watching Back To the Future for the 35th time. Gonna get around to Crash and Angel Heart.

I went to the cinema to see The Lighthouse and thought it was excellent, it required some reading afterwards (which I love) for me to appreciate some of the themes, but even just at face value it's a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Back