Pod style coffee machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheers. Might have to up my budget.

I did have a Dolce Gusto years ago but there wasn't much choice bag then. Dinnar what to dee.
Aldi have their version cappuchino, latte and americanos . They're not too bad but the likes of poundstretcher have loads of different ones for about £3.50 a box

I understand the convenience of coffee pods but I've yet to have a cup that impressed me.
If you just want good filter coffee then a moka pot is an inexpensive option or a
cafetiere. Adding a burr grinder obviously ups the cost but worth it imho.
I got a krups electric grinder four years ago for £70 and still going strong.
To get the best out of both coffee makers, moka pots need a fine grind and cafetiere a medium/coarse.
Grind enough for two or three days (coffee snobs say only grind when using there and then :rolleyes:)
Tried many different beans but keep going back to Asda's extra special Colombian beans.

I have a nespresso machine and as I like milk in my coffee have the aerochino which heats and froths up your milk, together the coffee is excellent

That's the one I have, very rarely gets used at the moment but for the price (was less than £30) it's nice for when I want something different. The pods aren't vastly expensive either. If I could afford it I'd love a Nespresso though

We have a Krups dolce gusto machine. Had it years - never used it. It is an ornament on the kitchen worktop.

Been looking at these since I posted the thread and I think I fancy this one.

I have a nespresso machine and as I like milk in my coffee have the aerochino which heats and froths up your milk, together the coffee is excellent

Which model do you have mate?

Last edited:
Been looking at these since I posted the thread and I think I fancy this one.

Which model do you have mate?
[/https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nespresso-Inissia-Machine-Aeroccino-Magimix/dp/B00J4K32WK/ref=asc_df_B00J4K32WK/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=231929076624&hvpos=1o10&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1496466384408503619&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006688&hvtargid=pla-388427789695&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

hope the link works, we managed to get the aeroccino for sort of free when we ordered 200 capsules

I got one of these on amazon earlier this year, 2nd hand for £79.80. The condition was "used - very good" they have a couple of used - acceptable at the moment. Mines been spot on, if you're not happy with the condition, return it.

This one can used ground coffee, it doesn't grind itself, so i've bought a grinder. It also has the option to take ESE pods,which i don't use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back