Players we will immediately lose if we go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's the hope but not the reality.

Anyone with a route back to the Premier League will leave and the only ones who stay will be the deadwood. Then you need good money to buy these "hungry players" and if you don't spend it will be the same old squad topped up with cheap buys and freebies.
Aye its going to be difficult for you next year like.

Pickford
Defoe
N'Dong
Borini, as shite as he's been this season he'll probably have enough suitors in Italy to be away
Kone

If we go down and both Pickford and Defoe were to leave out current squad would struggle in the Championship
Yep those are pretty much our only saleable assets (and i use that loosely for Borini), the rest would be pretty average in the tier below and a lot would 'find their level'.

Aye its going to be difficult for you next year like.

It will be tragic for us as we'll lose Schmeichel, Chilwell, Drinkwater, Ndidi, Gray, Mahrez, Vardy and Slimani but we will have a lot of money to spend.

Mannone
Love papy McNair Oviedo
Pienaar Gibson Rodwell
Watmore Anichebe
Gooch

#shivers

Those in bold might stand out in the league, but Rodwell and Papy are debatable, the rest would struggle to get in a lot of the top sides. There's loads of players in that league who i'd have over a lot of them and could name about 20 off the top of my head. For me that team would finish roughly between 7th and 10th.

Pickford should really stay a season or two for regular games IMO. As much as I rate him he may not go somewhere else and instantly get in and get games, which he needs.

Not really bothered about the rest, Defoe will go regardless.

I reckon if it's the likes of City etc competing for his signature they'll be inclined to leave him here getting more game time....would be a massive help if we get say £20-25m and don't need to replace him immediately.

I don't think he'll have a choice. We'll flog him to the highest bidder along with anyone else who's half decent.

Depends what he wants I suppose. As a keeper he's very young so could give it a year or two, or quickly make a jump elsewhere. The people at the club would no doubt snap up a decent fee but it's still up to the player to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back